DragonFlyBSD 3.2.1 Battles Against Linux For Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArchLinux View Post
    Yeah, but I meant none of these are included in the kernel.
    Of course, because kernel is not user space.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBit View Post
      Of course, because kernel is not user space.
      I think he means in the kernel sources (which does contain some userspace code; mainly simple utilities).

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
        I think he means in the kernel sources (which does contain some userspace code; mainly simple utilities).
        It doesn't have to be.

Linux is hybrid kernel, because most Linux distributions have udevd service running in user space.

Comment

Linux is hybrid kernel, because most Linux distributions have udevd service running in user space.
          I guess you could say that. I couldn't even get opinions about this in stackoverflow because my question wouldn't have a "factual answer".

Comment

Would be interested in seeing some benchmarks of this new release against other BSDs and Linux other than those for Postgres.

Comment

By the way, this is a totally inane argument (I guess the "rolleyes" was there to depict that). Using your logic you could say nobody cares about BSD simply because most people don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeax View Post
                By the way, this is a totally inane argument (I guess the "rolleyes" was there to depict that). Using your logic you could say nobody cares about BSD simply because most people don't.
                Calling kernel a hybrid is inane, because most of modern OS's can be called hybrid by definition. It is meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by kill BSD
                  BTW

Do you know that the biggest use of BSD is running Servers which host pr0n?
                  Great, they usually serve the highest amount of traffic. I bet Linux geeks are the biggest users.

Comment

Working...
                  X