Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 18 Is Challenged By Yet Another Delay

Phoronix: Fedora 18 Is Challenged By Yet Another Delay

Yesterday I wrote about how Fedora 18 wasn't looking too good in terms of being delayed five times already and is still facing some problems with incomplete features. Today the situation was worsened by yet another delay...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The new plan is to try to ship the Fedora 18 Beta on the 13th of November. While the beta is late, they hope to still ship Fedora 18 final on 11 November. The final release date didn't slip since they're not trying to collide the Fedora 18 release with Christmas. If the beta is delayed yet once more, however, this problem could happen or the F18 release could even slip into January of 2013. Originally, Fedora 18 was supposed to be released next week -- on the 6th of November.
    Love the logistics!

Comment

There's also a few other proposed blockers that are also open.
      Do they run elections to see who gets elected as a blocker?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        Who would dare to compete again Lennart?

Comment

Originally posted by Elv13 View Post
          Love the logistics!
          Michael's logistics, not ours...

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            We run blocker review meetings. They're thrilling. Here, see the can't-miss action:

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
              We run blocker review meetings. They're thrilling. Here, see the can't-miss action:

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fed...16.00.log.html
              Looks to me 90% anaconda, some systemd or systemd related (sessions)?
              Well, I'll stick to Fedora 17 until middle next year when the exams are done

Comment

why would releasing fedora 18 on christmas be a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
                  why would releasing fedora 18 on christmas be a problem?
                  Many devs might be on vacation then. This problem already occured with a big Kernel-release (I don't recall which) and Linus was very angry about it, having to postpone the release and doing a lot for himself.

Comment

Working...
                  X