Demand to amd for legacy driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demand to amd for legacy driver

Many users Have been disappointed with the last 12.6 legacy drivers for our amd discontinued graphics cards. Problems were asked for to be solved to amd did not had the quality that users were waiting for. costumers around the world have been insulted once again.

We believe amd users deserve a better deal because users are the reason why they are succesful companies and because of users AMD have become to be one of greatest companies in the world.

In order to claim our rights as costumers we demand to AMD a new driver release, so we were receiving requests to [email protected] with your personal information ( name, lastname country and card model) with the following:

"AMD developers as Gnu / linux Users we have paid thousands in your graphics solutions and because of that we need that all problems over hd4000, 3000 y 2000 series get fixed with a new and updated driver release"

Is that your adress? I don't think you need to count that, just look at the download numbers of 12-6 legacy. Ok, some distros ship it but lots of ppl dl it on their own.

Comment

Yes is my gmail adress , I open a topic on my spanish linux blog too http://blog.desdelinux.net/recogida-...-amd/#comments

My idea is to get 150 demands and send it to amd

Comment

Is in spanish, but you know how to use google translator, please sign this petition

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
          Yes is my gmail adress , I open a topic on my spanish linux blog too http://blog.desdelinux.net/recogida-...-amd/#comments

My idea is to get 150 demands and send it to amd
          It wouldn't make sense even if you would send 150 000 demands.

Comment

hombre, ni siquiera con 12818281928819289230233323

tenias suerte

don't bother

Comment

don't you know that the CEO's of AMD don't care about longterm Linux customer happiness? Accoding to some phoronix news they just recently fired some Linux developers.

It seems AMD's managers want's to suck some money out of its employees and then they will leave the sinking ship within few months. Will be interesting to see how AMD survives in the next few years.

Also they have a interest that you replace your old ATI/AMD hardware with a new AMD APU or graphiccard. That's more profit for them

Capitalism and AMD is like it is.
              Last edited by Fenrin; 06 November 2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
                don't you know that the CEO's of AMD don't care about longterm Linux customer happiness? Accoding to some phoronix news they just recently fired some Linux developers.

It seems AMD's managers want's to suck some money out of its employees and then they will leave the sinking ship within few months. Will be interesting to see how AMD survives in the next few years.

Also they have a interest that you replace your old ATI/AMD hardware with a new AMD APU or graphiccard. That's more profit for them

Capitalism and AMD is like it is.
                I recommended someone try ATI (for open source drivers) and the firing/removal of Linux developers says a lot.

I regret it now. Luckily, with rebate, the card will be $20.

I guess I'll go back to looking at nvidia cards (htpc). Btw, there are a lot of Debian users who want to try sid or a later version than Wheezy/Testing who are saying that the latest Catalyst driver is one big POS and causing a lot of problems.

So, all this time, these AMD/ATI die-hards who keep complaining about the criticism again have no leg to stand on. There's no support from any of the video graphics companies for Linux and the little support there is, is from Intel (a company that doesn't make discrete video cards).

Comment

I'd suggest AMD do what nVidia does and set up a branch called Legacy for those older drivers and perhaps provide security and Xorg-related updates without adding any new features for say 2 years (which nVidia does for their cards).

Comment

That was already discussed in at least two threads.
                    You may use R600g or if it doesn't good for you right now - use Catalyst 12.6 Legacy on Ubuntu 12.04 or Debian 7 up to three-five years.

Comment

Working...
                    X