X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me would love to see trackmania-linux

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
      I'd really like to see blackmesa-linux there...
      +1, imo Black Mesa is GOTY 2012.

Only if Valve would release Linux-friendly Source SDK sources... but Chet Faliszek said
      Auf der derzeit stattfindenden Eurogamer Expo ?u?erte sich auch Chet Faliszek zum Thema. Er wurde gefragt, ob das Source SDK f?r Linux ver?ffentlicht wird. ?Wahrscheinlich nicht?, war seine Antwort, da es zu viele Windows-Libraries verwendet. Deshalb ist es bisher auch nicht f?r OS X erschienen.

Comment

left4dead2_demo-linux.

They wouldn't have a seperate server for a demo would they?

Comment

\0/

TF2 is a unique and damn addictive FPS...

I'm a FPS kinda-guy having played Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Return to Castle Wolfenstein (retail and demo). When Enemy Territory Fortress (remake of the Quake 3 Fortress) came out circa 2004 I fragged a bit on it.

Fast forward 8 years when a buddy got me into TF2. But TF2 was (is) a Windows game and I run Linux so ended up having to setup a Windows 8 Preview virtual machine on Xen using VGA passthrough just to play it...

It came with a cost though... all my plans with Xen running tons of domU aimed at global domination have come to a stop: I'm addicted to TF2 and spend most of my limited free time on it :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
            Again, if you already have games in that list purchased for any platform (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux), then you can play it on any other platform without paying a penny more. Pretty nice.
            That's only true for games with Steam Play. Some studios want you to pay for another license.

Comment

Originally posted by kwahoo View Post
              Chet Faliszek said
              And what percentage of readers, exactly, understood that? Perhaps we can post items in Nederlands or Spanish for some nice cultural diversity.

I'm proud for you that you understand German. You're bilingual. We get it. But to start a post in English on an English-speaking site and then drop a (presumably) relevant quote in German, and then not provide a translation for that quote is just prick-waving. And before you mention Babelfish or some other translation program, you're trying to communicate. It's not supposed to be on the readers to mine for meaning in what you've essentially babbled at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
                And what percentage of readers, exactly, understood that? Perhaps we can post items in Nederlands or Spanish for some nice cultural diversity.

I'm proud for you that you understand German. You're bilingual. We get it. But to start a post in English on an English-speaking site and then drop a (presumably) relevant quote in German, and then not provide a translation for that quote is just prick-waving. And before you mention Babelfish or some other translation program, you're trying to communicate. It's not supposed to be on the readers to mine for meaning in what you've essentially babbled at them.
                .הבחור הזה מעצבן אותך תן לו בעיטה סיבובית

Comment

Originally posted by tkmorris View Post
                  .הבחור הזה מעצבן אותך תן לו בעיטה סיבובית
                  اسكت الجحيم

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                    GoldSource is also ported to Linux: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/app/4
                    Sorry for misinformation, looks like I'm one more person who get confused because of server and client engine parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post

There's this service called Google Translate, do you know it?

I used it and Chet said Source SDK probably won't be released for Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X