Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 12.10 KVM Virtualization Comparison

Phoronix: Ubuntu 12.10 KVM Virtualization Comparison

For kicking off a new week of Linux benchmarks, here are some results of a high-end Intel Extreme Edition workstation when comparing the bare metal host and KVM virtualization performance between Ubuntu 12.10 and the earlier Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS release and then the RHEL-based CentOS 6.3.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why Ubuntu is so slow in EVERY aspects
    It is like Windows Vista in the family of Microsoft.

I really miss my RedHat and Fedora.
    I am using Ubuntu as my office also uses it and for Steam.

Comment

Hey Michael, i dont give you shit for your articles, like ever, but did you check to see how this one rendered before you posted it? Firefox 16.0.1, all of the graphs are tiny. Not scaled down, but like its only showing the upper right hand corner and like 100pixels in any direction.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

WTF

Wow, what a completely useless comparison: a consumer distribution against an enterprise distribution.

If you want to compare Ubuntu against something, then compare it against the likes of Fedora, Gentoo and Debian.

Another 'excellent' Ubuntu biased article, setup over way too many pages with the single goal of generating ad-dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          Hey Michael, i dont give you shit for your articles, like ever, but did you check to see how this one rendered before you posted it? Firefox 16.0.1, all of the graphs are tiny. Not scaled down, but like its only showing the upper right hand corner and like 100pixels in any direction.
          Wow, little bit of vitriol? I'm running Firefox 16.0.1 on Ubuntu 12.10 (x64), and everything looks correct.

Comment

Originally posted by fhuberts View Post
            Wow, what a completely useless comparison: a consumer distribution against an enterprise distribution.
            Ubuntu 12.04 LTS can be used as an enterprise distro.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
              Ubuntu 12.04 LTS can be used as an enterprise distro.
              Yeah, right. Just like Windows XP.

Show me a company running their enterprise on Ubuntu...
              (and I'll show you a hundred running redhat, another hundred running centos and another hundred running suse)

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                You must be using AdBlock or some weird extension...
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  You must wasting your time in write weird hacks to discriminate AdBlock users.

So in fact the source of the error is in your "mind"

In fact there are legitimate uses of AdBlock -Ultra-slow devices -mobile devices without flat-rate and so one.

But sure you prefer to discriminate people-

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Adblock and Ghostery are both installed, but Phoronix is whitelisted on both.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X