Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading The Linux Graphics Driver How-To Book

Phoronix: Reading The Linux Graphics Driver How-To Book

For those wondering about the outcome of the Linux graphics driver development book that was worked on back in September prior to XDC2012, the book continues to be worked on a bit for those interested in reading it...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now we need some way to use the drivers, kinda like how SVGAlib did (unless we're stuck with SDL).

Comment

Originally posted by STrRedWolf View Post
      Now we need some way to use the drivers, kinda like how SVGAlib did (unless we're stuck with SDL).
      You have plenty of graphics libraries implementing programming interfaces to use your graphics hardware. The main graphics API is called OpenGL and I'm sure it's available on your distro.

SDL is awesome!

Comment

PDF format or something more common would be appreciated

Comment

Disappointing, but understandable. They could simply have stated that there was not enough motivation to work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            PDF format or something more common would be appreciated
            This is in LaTeX and therefore written in stone, while easily printed into pdf or many other formats without loss of formatting...

Comment

Originally posted by disi View Post
              This is in LaTeX and therefore written in stone, while easily printed into pdf or many other formats without loss of formatting...
              Yes i know and its a personal thing. I find genital warts more appealing than LaTeX.

Comment

Yes i know and its a personal thing. I find genital warts more appealing than LaTeX.
                Not sure how many books or maths assignments you wrote, but this is definitely the right way to go...

LaTeX-Lover <3

Comment

How appealing do you find looking at something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                    How appealing do you find looking at something like this?
                    It also automates management of citations, bibliographies etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X