No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Ported To Google Nexus 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off-topic, I'm planning to buy a Nexus 7 once they are back in stock here in Sweden. I want to use it to read and watch video while on the move, anyone here with first-hand experience on this device?

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
      Slightly off-topic, I'm planning to buy a Nexus 7 once they are back in stock here in Sweden. I want to use it to read and watch video while on the move, anyone here with first-hand experience on this device?
      It's an awesome tablet for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        I said those are particular examples of worthless waste of time. Still don't get it (?).
        You know what else is a waste of time? Living. I mean, we're all going to die anyway, so what's the point in doing anything at all? I wonder what is it that drives people into doing things instead of just standing still waiting for death?

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
          It's an awesome device period. Absolutely love mine. Use Android, though. On Ubuntu the feature sizes (icons, textboxes, etc) seem way too small to be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Newfie View Post
            It's an awesome tablet for the price.
            Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
            It's an awesome device period. Absolutely love mine. Use Android, though. On Ubuntu the feature sizes (icons, textboxes, etc) seem way too small to be useful.
            Thanks guys for your input, although it wasn't exactly exhaustive

Yeah it's hard to argue with the price (even with the price jacking here in Sweden), it actually seems almost too good to be true which is why I wanted some objective views rather than the 'paid to review product X as either awesome or awful' which seems to be what you get whenever someone with a monetary incentive reviews something.

I guess now I'll just have to wait until a new batch arrives to Sweden, I was perhaps stupid not to book one but I didn't think they would be selling out in single a day upon arrival. Que sera...

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              I think there's a lot of worthless work being done, including LLVM on Java and Ubuntu on Nexus.
              LLVM on Java was done by a bunch of university students. Probably coursework. Should they be working for you (for free) instead of doing coursework?

The expectations people have here.........

Comment

In case some one want a Google Nexus 7 16GB in time for UDS the place i work should be able to get a new supply before then:
                Vil du have en ny tablet? Find din tablet online hos Føniks Computer, og køb din tablet billigt. Vi garanterer en tablet i høj kvalitet til en billig pris. Køb online.

Price is 349,34$. Currently we have 8 pre-orderes, if we do not get them in store at time you can always cancle.

We have a store in Copenhagen where you can pick it up, or if it's of any help I could also bring you the tablet at UDS since I am going my self.

Comment

It's a great device but I would hold off for a bit as it looks like Google are bringing out an 32G version at the same price point for the 16G ones. Release is rumoured to be around the 29th October.

Comment

this is the only way you will ever see ubuntu running on a smartphone or tablet, only if canonical hacks it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Willia55m
                      I wish people/Canonical spent their time on important stuff.
                      I wish you spent your time on important stuff, instead of posting hidden advertisement links of Phoronix.

Comment

Working...
                      X