Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Ported To Google Nexus 7

Phoronix: Ubuntu Ported To Google Nexus 7

Canonical has successfully ported Ubuntu Linux to Google's Nexus 7 tablet...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think there's a lot of worthless work being done, including LLVM on Java and Ubuntu on Nexus.
    I wish people/Canonical spent their time on important stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      I think there's a lot of worthless work being done, including LLVM on Java and Ubuntu on Nexus.
      +1
      what a waste of time, the whole unity experience

Comment

Let me fix that for you:
        I think there's a lot of work that is worthless for me being done, including LLVM on Java and Ubuntu on Nexus.
        I wish people/Canonical spent their time on for me important stuff.

Comment

what did they port?
          they moved the packages from debian repository to the ubuntu repository along with 1000 buggy script fixes

Comment

What the hell has the LLVM java implementation news to do with this?? It's like saying "yesterday night i ate an awful pizza and today there are still wars in the world, people should stop to do bad things".

Comment

Originally posted by freedam View Post
              What the hell has the LLVM java implementation news to do with this?? bla-bla.
              I said those are particular examples of worthless waste of time. Still don't get it (?).

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
                Let me fix that for you:
                No thanks, your version is wrong actually.

Comment

Well, this is what they wanted I guess - it was after all the whole point of Unity, to run on the desktop/laptop/phone/tablet (heck it's in the name).

Now let's see it crash and burn as my cynical side thinks it will. Not sure how Canonical expects it to even challenge the iPad when Android is struggling with might of Google.

Comment

I wonder if the Nexus port is the first public variant of "Ubuntu for Android" It would definitely be nice to be able to play with that very promising project and I guess they will eventually need users to iron out the issues (contact sharing, seamless browser session transfer etc...).

Comment

Working...
                    X