Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Loongson opensource OpenGL+OpenCL graphic-card (no DirectX no firmware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Loongson opensource OpenGL+OpenCL graphic-card (no DirectX no firmware)

http://www.techhum.com/the-chinese-c...-its-own-gpus/

After the Loongson CPU china works on there own GPU to the Loongson-GPU will be only openGL and openCL no DirectX will be supported and no firmware file need to be loaded.

This opensource Graphic card will only support Linux and not windows.

maybe they use the Godson-T with 64cores in mips32 architecture to drive there first graphic-card.

unlike most things coming out of china those longson cpu's have been expensive as hell... at least the ones I have seen here in europe.

unless they are able to deliver a cpu+gpu at a decent price that allows for a 600/700 euro laptop

not interested

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
      unlike most things coming out of china those longson cpu's have been expensive as hell... at least the ones I have seen here in europe.

unless they are able to deliver a cpu+gpu at a decent price that allows for a 600/700 euro laptop

not interested
      the price of there ~1000? notebook is only so high because its there product for military-workstation customers.
      You can also buy a 250? loongson notebook but yes these kind of notebooks are a real "joke".
      I'm sure in the time they do have a gpu to you will get a much cheaper product from them.

the roadmap right now is to jump from radeon hd3200 to a radeon hd4200 in the next 30nm (8core loongson)product cycle and then there own gpu should be ready.

i think they build a PCIe based one first and later they also go for a APU version.

Comment

Working...
      X