catalyst 8.01 and HD 3870??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catalyst 8.01 and HD 3870??

well, the 8.01 drivers are now out and even this doesnt work for me... >.<. i had a thread earlier this month Catalyst 7.12 about the 7.12 driver and how i couldnt get it to ever work... i have yet to resolve what is causing this slow performance problem. scrollign in browsers and moving windows on the desktop is terrible. what can be causign this? plz help! lol

i ran "fglrxinfo" in the terminal and here are the results...
    how can i install the driver correctly to prevent the "mesa" crap?

FuzzyLumpkins:/home/fuzzy# fglrxinfo
    display: :0.0 screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
    OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.0.1)

Comment

well.. first off, mesa is not crap..

it appears you have install the drivers incorrectly, unfortunately nobody can help you AT ALL without you providing alot more information, for starters, it would be quite useful if you wrote which distribution you use, and then write what you have already done to install it...

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyLumpkins View Post
        i ran "fglrxinfo" in the terminal and here are the results...
        how can i install the driver correctly to prevent the "mesa" crap?

FuzzyLumpkins:/home/fuzzy# fglrxinfo
        display: :0.0 screen: 0
        OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
        OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
        OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.0.1)
        I have the same output, but after reboot it all turn to be normal - ATI driver and the version of the driver.
        BUT: suspend/hibernate, logout and some other functions don't work - the computer freezes. Any idea?

Comment

HD3870 and DRI

Hi!

Got my HD3870 working with DRI with the 8.1 driver.

Have always used Gentoo, so this may be a Gentoo specific issue!

To be sure that the installations is completed with success I do following:

Uninstall current driver (fglrx), either with driver uninstaller or Gentoo "emerge --unemerge".

Then check that the drivermodule in "/lib/modules/<KERNEL>/video/fglrx.*" is gone, this IS IMPORTANT. Did not think that it would do any difference if the file isn't deleted before a new installation of the driver.. but I was wrong!
          On my older computer the driver installed but there was no DRI, by removing(deleting) the leftover module and then installing "fglrx"... DRI: Yes.

And be sure to use(eselect) "mesa" while installing the driver, "emerge" (gentoo specific install method)
          failed if I had the "OpenGL" set to "X11".
          Try to change between those two if driver fails to install.
          Last edited by Nosferat0; 21 January 2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X