Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

Phoronix: NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

NVIDIA has issued a stable Linux graphics driver update in the 304.xx series to address outstanding bugs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by asdx
    Please just go away Nvidia, you're a cancer to Linux.
    Well ok .. But please name me the other graphics card/GPU manufacturers that offer performance, feature and OpenGL compliance parity to other OSes ..

Comment

You are causing fights with your inflammatory nonsense.

Comment

If the free drivers and mesa could catch up then who cares about the blob?
        Emphasis mine.

Most people here only cares about games or OpenGL 4.x, but then the most important thing that is our freedom and Linux having great drivers by default in the kernel, nobody cares about this.
        Emphasis mine.

Comment

Wow, asdx derailed the thread with the very first reply. That's got to be some sort of record. Can we have an on-topic discussion *one time* please?

Comment

If the free drivers and mesa could catch up then who cares about the blob?
            I agree, but the free drivers kind of rely on reverse engineering the closed ones here and there ..
            So it would be tough without the blobs anyway.
            Maybe NVIDIA can opensource parts of their driver. But cursing them won't help in any way.

And they say that in any fight, not one person is to blame.

Maybe make this proposal to them and see if it can work for example:

Originally posted by artivision View Post
            They can use the entire MESA, Intel's work and LLVM with a proper and full back-end, and create very easy, an Open Driver with 70-90% the performance of the Closed one. Then they can use the latest OGL4 work as a Closed Extension Driver for the Open one. When we say Extension Driver we mean only Shader Compilers, FX and Programs for the Rasterizer(synthesizer), not any Driver Functionality like memory management, that should be Open.
            That would be great if it happened I guess ...(quote from artivision obviously)
            Don't if there is any kind of contraints though not taken into account.
            Cursing them still won't help them do it ..

Comment

Please just go away Nvidia, you're a cancer to Linux.
              Rather than anti-anything (e.g. anti-NVidia), why don't you be pro-something, e.g. pro-Intel HD graphics? Resisting NVidia publicly only gives them importance. If people were to just start using Intel HD, and drop NVidia for their lack of cooperation, it would speak volumes.

I'm sure people are already doing this, but let's tone down the anti-NVidia rhetoric.. it only serves them, not the OSS community.

Comment

If you love blobs so much then why don't you go and use Windows?
                I don't use blobs, you idiot. I choose hardware with open drivers and run that.

If you had read any of my posts, this would be glaringly obvious to you. But you're just a bored flamer looking for a flamewar, no time to read. You went on one of your tirades again, derailing yet another thread.

Comment

Look, I respect your opinion and I'm sorry if I'm being impolite. But this company makes me very angry.

I mean, why should we be polite to them if they are very disrespectful to Linux developers, they just asked Linux developers to change the license so they can use DMA-BUF now, and yet they don't contribute anything back in terms of code.

The grade of disrespect of this company towards Linux is incredible.

I can't believe it.
                  Aaaaand you missed his point entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                    I don't use blobs, you idiot. I choose hardware with open drivers and run that.

If you had read any of my posts, this would be glaringly obvious to you. But you're just a bored flamer looking for a flamewar, no time to read. You went on one of your tirades again, derailing yet another thread.
                    Pingufunkybeat: Do what I just did, add asdx to your ignore list. He's not interested in the facts, and attempting to actually show him a list of the contributions that Nvidia makes to the GNU/Linux ecosystem would only fall on deaf ears.

Comment

Working...
                    X