Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by md1032 View Post
    Wow, asdx derailed the thread with the very first reply. That's got to be some sort of record. Can we have an on-topic discussion *one time* please?
    Funny your comment has not a single information on-tropic but in fact a nvidia closed source tropic has only one tropic: Nvidia in a Imperialisms fight against open-source and freedom.

    Any informations about features and speed and whatsoever is just a false flag attack against the only true information: Nvidia is the enemy of Free and Open software.

    Anything on-tropic in your point of view is in fact off tropic on a free and open-source website like phoronix.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by necro-lover View Post
    Funny your comment has not a single information on-tropic but in fact a nvidia closed source tropic has only one tropic: Nvidia in a Imperialisms fight against open-source and freedom.

    Any informations about features and speed and whatsoever is just a false flag attack against the only true information: Nvidia is the enemy of Free and Open software.

    Anything on-tropic in your point of view is in fact off tropic on a free and open-source website like phoronix.
    Yeap, the only vendor giving performance and feature(minus optimus) parity for Linux is totally a Linux enemy.

    Yeah, I disagree with their corporatism, but most companies act like that, doesn't make them enemies to everyone.
    For example, I can't know what a Coca Cola contains before drinking it. Wanna bitch about that too? Don't drink if you don't like it like I do. But if you want a good refreshener(assuming it is) you'd have to drink it if there not really another alternative. Too bad, your homemade ones aren't as good. Wishing bad things to Coca Cola won't make them better. You'd have less "inspiration" and they'd end up worse in fact.

    I don't agree with violating the GPL, no, I don't agree that preventing them from giving Optimus support or wishing them death will have a totally positive result either though.
    Especially the later won't make the open drivers any better. Maybe worse?

    It seems I'll start seeing the same stuff written here that I hear from some damn blinded communists now. 0_o

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Oh for the love of...


    asdx, do you remember posting this?

    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...417#post291417



    as well as this?

    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...457#post291457



    How the fuck do you expect to have any respect when you can't even control yourself over a fucking GRAPHICS VENDOR?

    Out of all the things in the world you wish death upon, it's people who don't have a problem with NVIDIA? And you can't seem to stick to being sensible after "apologising" so many times?

    You should be ashamed at your lack of social skills. Improve them quickly. Life is not worth raising your blood pressure over such things that will be an insignificant drop in the ocean of problems once you die.
    He won't change, deal with it.
    Just as some people have to deal with blobs.
    Btw, if you can't take it .. *cough*ignore list*cough*

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    They're blob lovers and enemy of the Linux/Free Software community. They should get removed from the community.

    They're also a bunch of crybabies, you take their games and blob away and they start crying.

    What a bunch of morons, really.
    Right there are only 2 kind of these people defending nvidia people who cry that nvidia can not break the law and order to violate the copyright owners rights and people who just hate open-source drivers only because there closed source driver work best for them.

    Both of them should switch to windows or BSD (these people need more toxic human land mines)

    so please nvidia fanboys join a BSD/Windows forum and just be yourself there.

    i'm sure nvidia even pay people to write here to manipulate in the name of nvidia.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigaldo View Post
    Yeap, the only vendor giving performance and feature(minus optimus) parity for Linux is totally a Linux enemy.
    you are wrong and its simple why: Linux not not only a kernel its a idea a idea of a open and free way to do stuff and not only open and free also in the meaning of the GPL force the people to stay free in the future and not sell there freedom like BSD.

    This means your point and argument "Performance" and "Features" is invalid because this has nothing to do with the Idea of "Linux".

    Linux don't want to be the most performanced and most featured OS in the world linux want do be a open and free OS who protects the people to not sell there freedom in the GPL way of meaning.

    So you are complete wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigaldo View Post
    Yeah, I disagree with their corporatism, but most companies act like that, doesn't make them enemies to everyone.
    in your words beeing a NAZI is ok if you are a software company?

    Corporatism=the economic system of the nazis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigaldo View Post
    For example, I can't know what a Coca Cola contains before drinking it. Wanna bitch about that too?
    hell yes its against the law in europe to not write what is in it on the bottle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigaldo View Post
    I don't agree with violating the GPL, no, I don't agree that preventing them from giving Optimus support or wishing them death will have a totally positive result either though.
    the people should just stop calling to break the law nvidia has no right to hurt the GPL end of storry...
    oooo ..... noooo its not the end of storry its the start of the nvidia fanboy propaganda...

    in the end they will hire some murderers and will kill the GPL/kernel people just to make sure the coporatism-Nazi system works.

    the nazis did the same if words don't force people weapons and GAS in concentration camps will do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigaldo View Post
    Especially the later won't make the open drivers any better. Maybe worse?
    It seems I'll start seeing the same stuff written here that I hear from some damn blinded communists now. 0_o
    you talk about damn blinded communists but Nazis (Corporatism) are ok ?
    really call a doctor and check your brain about this.

    or maybe the concentration camp GAS already hurt your brain? maybe you need help ?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by necro-lover View Post
    you are wrong and its simple why: Linux not not only a kernel its a idea a idea of a open and free way to do stuff and not only open and free also in the meaning of the GPL force the people to stay free in the future and not sell there freedom like BSD.

    This means your point and argument "Performance" and "Features" is invalid because this has nothing to do with the Idea of "Linux".

    Linux don't want to be the most performanced and most featured OS in the world linux want do be a open and free OS who protects the people to not sell there freedom in the GPL way of meaning.

    So you are complete wrong.



    in your words beeing a NAZI is ok if you are a software company?

    Corporatism=the economic system of the nazis.



    hell yes its against the law in europe to not write what is in it on the bottle.



    the people should just stop calling to break the law nvidia has no right to hurt the GPL end of storry...
    oooo ..... noooo its not the end of storry its the start of the nvidia fanboy propaganda...

    in the end they will hire some murderers and will kill the GPL/kernel people just to make sure the coporatism-Nazi system works.

    the nazis did the same if words don't force people weapons and GAS in concentration camps will do.



    you talk about damn blinded communists but Nazis (Corporatism) are ok ?
    really call a doctor and check your brain about this.

    or maybe the concentration camp GAS already hurt your brain? maybe you need help ?

    Ok, I get your point, but you're kinda going too far.
    "in the end they will hire some murderers and will kill the GPL/kernel people just to make sure the coporatism-Nazi system works. "
    Ok, I'll guess such parts are joking.
    No need for insults. Btw, preferring to use the blob, doesn't mean I hate the open one. What if in my case the open one is practically unusable. And no, I'm not talking about performance even yet.
    We should be able to do whatever we want with Linux, as long as it is within what GPL V2 permits, isn't that right?
    If it permits using blob one way or another, why not?
    And no, I don't like BSD in any way.
    Also, fanaticism of any kind is bad, including fanaticism about opensource. I'm not talking about any devs, I'm sure Linus knows what he's doing, and hope that he and Alan will make sure that Optimus users can properly use Optimus eventually(I have no optimus laptop, and will probably not get one any time soon if ever, I don't really benefit).
    And they say the far right and far left are pretty close in politics, practically much more than mid right and mid left.(not me saying, just some people who spent lots of their lives study sociology etc). Maybe the same applies here ..
    The fact I don't want to use the open drivers over the proprietary, doesn't mean I hate the open ones. Neither the fact I acknowledge their problems(like I do for proprietary ones, but many seem to falsely say that open ones are almost perfect, to which I very much disagree, after lots of "research", cause who knows, maybe it's my pc's fault, right?).
    Seeing things as black and white is bad, BAD.
    I'd love everything to be open, but I'd like to be realistic, it's not like any company will suddenly release all their specs. And cursing won't help doing so. I trust Linus and the kernel devs can think more strategically than some people here who'll just say no to anything with nvidia string on it ..
    Otherwise it won't happen.
    I'd find much more logical personally that Linux would dominate and then global openness would come than the other way around. In fact, I have many doubts about the possibility of the second one happening. So one must think how to help Linux dominate. Even if you have to use "evil" to defeat greater "evil", which as always is apple. 0_o (ok, j/k here)

    Thanks for calling me nazi because I don't agree, real smooth. This attitude WITHIN our community is one reason why Linux still has chances of staying in the shit, at least as far as desktop goes.
    Yes, there's serious problems in many aspects of the desktop, it's just fact, and this attitude doesn't seem to work .. 20 years now, is it?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigaldo View Post
    Ok, I get your point, but you're kinda going too far.
    "in the end they will hire some murderers and will kill the GPL/kernel people just to make sure the coporatism-Nazi system works. "
    Ok, I'll guess such parts are joking.
    No need for insults. Btw, preferring to use the blob, doesn't mean I hate the open one. What if in my case the open one is practically unusable. And no, I'm not talking about performance even yet.
    We should be able to do whatever we want with Linux, as long as it is within what GPL V2 permits, isn't that right?
    If it permits using blob one way or another, why not?
    And no, I don't like BSD in any way.
    Also, fanaticism of any kind is bad, including fanaticism about opensource. I'm not talking about any devs, I'm sure Linus knows what he's doing, and hope that he and Alan will make sure that Optimus users can properly use Optimus eventually(I have no optimus laptop, and will probably not get one any time soon if ever, I don't really benefit).
    And they say the far right and far left are pretty close in politics, practically much more than mid right and mid left.(not me saying, just some people who spent lots of their lives study sociology etc). Maybe the same applies here ..
    The fact I don't want to use the open drivers over the proprietary, doesn't mean I hate the open ones. Neither the fact I acknowledge their problems(like I do for proprietary ones, but many seem to falsely say that open ones are almost perfect, to which I very much disagree, after lots of "research", cause who knows, maybe it's my pc's fault, right?).
    Seeing things as black and white is bad, BAD.
    I'd love everything to be open, but I'd like to be realistic, it's not like any company will suddenly release all their specs. And cursing won't help doing so. I trust Linus and the kernel devs can think more strategically than some people here who'll just say no to anything with nvidia string on it ..
    Otherwise it won't happen.
    I'd find much more logical personally that Linux would dominate and then global openness would come than the other way around. In fact, I have many doubts about the possibility of the second one happening. So one must think how to help Linux dominate.

    (ok, j/k here)

    Thanks for calling me nazi because I don't agree, real smooth. This attitude WITHIN our community is one reason why Linux still has chances of staying in the shit, at least as far as desktop goes.
    Yes, there's serious problems in many aspects of the desktop, it's just fact, and this attitude doesn't seem to work .. 20 years now, is it?
    "Thanks for calling me nazi because I don't agree,"

    I never called you a Nazi... I called people who use corporatism against social movements nazis and in this case "nvidia". And you did not use corporatism against humans.

    "and this attitude doesn't seem to work"

    Without it Linux would never exist. Linux is a Social (peaceful)Revolution not a Communist one but still a Social movement. You can't do a "Revolution(peaceful)" without defence your rights.

    And in this (peaceful)Revolution nvidia is just the enemy.

    "Ok, I'll guess such parts are joking."

    I dear you you found a joke ? LOL maybe you can use it to make you happy?

    "What if in my case the open one is practically unusable."

    and you really need me to tell you what is to do to improve it?

    "Also, fanaticism of any kind is bad, including fanaticism about opensource."

    be sure Fanaticism against Fanaticism is bad to ... and Tolerance to intolerance people is just supineness. in all possible cases fanaticism for FOSS software is really one of the cutest way in being a fanatic.

    In other words I'm happy to be a FOSS fanatic and not a Communist or a Nazi.

    "I'd love everything to be open, but I'd like to be realistic, it's not like any company will suddenly release all their specs."

    The loongson people are building a opensource (OpenGL+OpenCL)-Only GPU card right now.
    this means in 1-2 years you can buy a loongson system with fully open-source support in the definition of RMS-FSF but not in the definition of "bridgman".

    Maybe this is good for you?

    "Even if you have to use "evil" to defeat greater "evil", which as always is apple. 0_o"

    thatís corporatism you have to be a nazi in the nato group Gladio to fight greater evil Communism ?

    bad taste really bad taste.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by necro-lover View Post

    .............
    ""I never called you a Nazi... I called people who use corporatism against social movements nazis and in this case "nvidia". And you did not use corporatism against humans.
    ""

    Ok, sorry, being tired and sick, I might misinterprete some things a bit and skip through some tex.. OH WAIT!!

    "really call a doctor and check your brain about this.

    or maybe the concentration camp GAS already hurt your brain? maybe you need help ?"

    Or I took some stuff around here the wrong way too?

    ""

    Without it Linux would never exist. Linux is a Social (peaceful)Revolution not a Communist one but still a Social movement. You can't do a "Revolution(peaceful)" without defence your rights.

    And in this (peaceful)Revolution nvidia is just the enemy.
    ""

    No, wishing people to die among other things(for some certain ones) is certainly not peaceful by my standards. And I dislike these attitude.
    Bickering among ourselves in the Linux community .. Is this what Linux would never exist without? Seriously? (mindblown) X_x


    ""
    I dear you you found a joke ? LOL maybe you can use it to make you happy?
    ""

    Another joke here?

    ""
    and you really need me to tell you what is to do to improve it?
    ""

    What about freedom etc?
    Might as well say everyone should code an OS for themselves to be free as far as software goes.
    Seriously, I'd love to improve it, in fact I'm learning some programming, slowly but surly. But that's a serious response? I could rewrite a window dll too by this ideology, if it doesn't fit me.
    What if not everyone is competent programmer? Who can spend enough time to improve(or did they write what they have now in a couple hours?)? Or does not have enough test hardware?(can you guarantee I want burn anything playing around with power management code? And I might need my pc for other things in the meantime too)
    Too bad for them? Maybe Linux is just for hackers and elite programmers then(and I strongly believed this was untrue, hmm ...).
    This I find kind of a lame argument on your part, sorry.

    ""
    be sure Fanaticism against Fanaticism is bad to ... and Tolerance to intolerance people is just supineness. in all possible cases fanaticism for FOSS software is really one of the cutest way in being a fanatic.

    In other words I'm happy to be a FOSS fanatic and not a Communist or a Nazi.
    ""

    Fanaticism still bad. NVIDIA is less bad than another random company I could say too, does it make it ok for you then that their closed etc?
    Fanaticism hurts opensource, it prevents people from opening their eyes and seeing other things/perspectives/opinions. Btw, I didn't say you specifically are a fanatic(but it seems many run around), you may be though, haven't seen enough of you personally yet to judge well anyway. In case you imply such thing that is.

    ""
    The loongson people are building a opensource (OpenGL+OpenCL)-Only GPU card right now.
    this means in 1-2 years you can buy a loongson system with fully open-source support in the definition of RMS-FSF but not in the definition of "bridgman".

    Maybe this is good for you?
    ""

    Cool, if they make something that fulfills my needs, I'll gladly buy their products. But will it. You see many people tend to mix "choice" in when talking about opensource. Would I have the choice to run enough software satisfactory. In fact, being able to run Re-Volt( a 1999 game) well through Wine, would probably be more than satisfactory for me as far as games go. Or just openbox at best?
    I have limited info on this, I admit, but what I do have seems to indicate more of the latter.


    ""
    thatís corporatism you have to be a nazi in the nato group Gladio to fight greater evil Communism ?

    bad taste really bad taste.
    ""

    That's not quite what I said, I mean .. Ah, screw, I didn't make much sense out of this one.
    No seriously, what's Gladio for example?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigaldo View Post
    ""I never called you a Nazi... I called people who use corporatism against social movements nazis and in this case "nvidia". And you did not use corporatism against humans.
    ""

    Ok, sorry, being tired and sick, I might misinterprete some things a bit and skip through some tex.. OH WAIT!!

    "really call a doctor and check your brain about this.

    or maybe the concentration camp GAS already hurt your brain? maybe you need help ?"

    Or I took some stuff around here the wrong way too?

    ""

    Without it Linux would never exist. Linux is a Social (peaceful)Revolution not a Communist one but still a Social movement. You can't do a "Revolution(peaceful)" without defence your rights.

    And in this (peaceful)Revolution nvidia is just the enemy.
    ""

    No, wishing people to die among other things(for some certain ones) is certainly not peaceful by my standards. And I dislike these attitude.
    Bickering among ourselves in the Linux community .. Is this what Linux would never exist without? Seriously? (mindblown) X_x


    ""
    I dear you you found a joke ? LOL maybe you can use it to make you happy?
    ""

    Another joke here?

    ""
    and you really need me to tell you what is to do to improve it?
    ""

    What about freedom etc?
    Might as well say everyone should code an OS for themselves to be free as far as software goes.
    Seriously, I'd love to improve it, in fact I'm learning some programming, slowly but surly. But that's a serious response? I could rewrite a window dll too by this ideology, if it doesn't fit me.
    What if not everyone is competent programmer? Who can spend enough time to improve(or did they write what they have now in a couple hours?)? Or does not have enough test hardware?(can you guarantee I want burn anything playing around with power management code? And I might need my pc for other things in the meantime too)
    Too bad for them? Maybe Linux is just for hackers and elite programmers then(and I strongly believed this was untrue, hmm ...).
    This I find kind of a lame argument on your part, sorry.

    ""
    be sure Fanaticism against Fanaticism is bad to ... and Tolerance to intolerance people is just supineness. in all possible cases fanaticism for FOSS software is really one of the cutest way in being a fanatic.

    In other words I'm happy to be a FOSS fanatic and not a Communist or a Nazi.
    ""

    Fanaticism still bad. NVIDIA is less bad than another random company I could say too, does it make it ok for you then that their closed etc?
    Fanaticism hurts opensource, it prevents people from opening their eyes and seeing other things/perspectives/opinions. Btw, I didn't say you specifically are a fanatic(but it seems many run around), you may be though, haven't seen enough of you personally yet to judge well anyway. In case you imply such thing that is.

    ""
    The loongson people are building a opensource (OpenGL+OpenCL)-Only GPU card right now.
    this means in 1-2 years you can buy a loongson system with fully open-source support in the definition of RMS-FSF but not in the definition of "bridgman".

    Maybe this is good for you?
    ""

    Cool, if they make something that fulfills my needs, I'll gladly buy their products. But will it. You see many people tend to mix "choice" in when talking about opensource. Would I have the choice to run enough software satisfactory. In fact, being able to run Re-Volt( a 1999 game) well through Wine, would probably be more than satisfactory for me as far as games go. Or just openbox at best?
    I have limited info on this, I admit, but what I do have seems to indicate more of the latter.


    ""
    thatís corporatism you have to be a nazi in the nato group Gladio to fight greater evil Communism ?

    bad taste really bad taste.
    ""

    That's not quite what I said, I mean .. Ah, screw, I didn't make much sense out of this one.
    No seriously, what's Gladio for example?
    "That's not quite what I said, I mean .. Ah, screw, I didn't make much sense out of this one.
    No seriously, what's Gladio for example?"

    you just don't get what i mean because you don't know Gladio.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio
    Gladio is what you are meaning.

    Gladio is your nvidia example fighting the "bad" in your case apple

    And this works in this way: you are the true good one (there is no question about this in this example) and you do have a enemy Apple/Communism then you try to fight them and you use Nvidia/Nazis in your "Gladio" army.

    And it works very well the communist lose every election some communists die but after 30 years you feel not so good because something wend wrong the nazis/nvidia did there own deal to and turn the power you gave them "money/Weapons" against you.

    The Gladio system broke because the less bad guys don't only fight against communism they also fight against your allies they killing your Tux penguin/jewish people .

    "Cool, if they make something that fulfills my needs, I'll gladly buy their products. But will it. You see many people tend to mix "choice" in when talking about opensource. Would I have the choice to run enough software satisfactory. In fact, being able to run Re-Volt( a 1999 game) well through Wine, would probably be more than satisfactory for me as far as games go. Or just openbox at best?
    I have limited info on this, I admit, but what I do have seems to indicate more of the latter."

    yes you can run x86 closed source software because loongson do have hardware acceleration for x86 you can use this in gemu.

    Also directX the card only support openGL but you can use wine to translate the directX calls into openGL calls.

    "Fanaticism still bad"

    Love fanaticism is also bad?

    "But that's a serious response?
    This I find kind of a lame argument on your part, sorry."

    yes the answer is a question because you know it best how YOU can help the open-source driver team.
    And be sure its the best argument you ever dealt-with.

    "Another joke here?"

    you must be genius.. did not see it coming blowed my brain away...

    "Is this what Linux would never exist without? Seriously? (mindblown) X_x"

    yes Seriously the FOSS people will always fight back hard with words they are not slaves.

    "Ok, sorry, being tired and sick, I might misinterprete some things a bit and skip through some tex.. OH WAIT!!

    "really call a doctor and check your brain about this.
    Or I took some stuff around here the wrong way too? "

    It was a roll-playing rhetorical style I did a imagination that you are the victim of the Nazis and you survive but not healthy the gas damaged your brain and now you talk to me ..... (it also was a kind of dirty joke)

    some smart people find this without explanation. Its a rhetorical style and I succeeded very much because you write here "you call me a nazi" but in fact I did not. This is the best case of all rhetorical wins because you are pissed and I can prove that I don't call you a Nazi.

    Its a win by your failure

    don't worry its not a big deal to lose a rhetorical battle against me.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    So: GPL advocates are Nazis. Nvidia users are also Nazis. Everybody is a Nazi.

    Now we've arrived at the bottom of this... It has been really enlightening, we have all learned a lot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •