Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,115

    Default NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

    Phoronix: NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

    NVIDIA has issued a stable Linux graphics driver update in the 304.xx series to address outstanding bugs...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIwOTQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    Please just go away Nvidia, you're a cancer to Linux.
    Well ok .. But please name me the other graphics card/GPU manufacturers that offer performance, feature and OpenGL compliance parity to other OSes ..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    You are causing fights with your inflammatory nonsense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    If you love blobs so much then why don't you go and use Windows?
    I don't use blobs, you idiot. I choose hardware with open drivers and run that.

    If you had read any of my posts, this would be glaringly obvious to you. But you're just a bored flamer looking for a flamewar, no time to read. You went on one of your tirades again, derailing yet another thread.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI, USA
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    I don't use blobs, you idiot. I choose hardware with open drivers and run that.

    If you had read any of my posts, this would be glaringly obvious to you. But you're just a bored flamer looking for a flamewar, no time to read. You went on one of your tirades again, derailing yet another thread.
    Pingufunkybeat: Do what I just did, add asdx to your ignore list. He's not interested in the facts, and attempting to actually show him a list of the contributions that Nvidia makes to the GNU/Linux ecosystem would only fall on deaf ears.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    It's Cartman

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    What facts? What contributions to Linux? A blob that actually hiders development and only causes grief in the community? Wow what a huge contribution.

    Fucking moron, I don't give a shit if morons like you block me. I will block you too, asshole.
    Actually NVIDIA helps development more than hindering it. NVIDIA "blob" helps nouveau significantly. They can see how it works to use it on their driver for example, using the right disassembling tools, etc.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    If the free drivers and mesa could catch up then who cares about the blob?
    Emphasis mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    Most people here only cares about games or OpenGL 4.x, but then the most important thing that is our freedom and Linux having great drivers by default in the kernel, nobody cares about this.
    Emphasis mine.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Wow, asdx derailed the thread with the very first reply. That's got to be some sort of record. Can we have an on-topic discussion *one time* please?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by md1032 View Post
    Wow, asdx derailed the thread with the very first reply. That's got to be some sort of record. Can we have an on-topic discussion *one time* please?
    Funny your comment has not a single information on-tropic but in fact a nvidia closed source tropic has only one tropic: Nvidia in a Imperialisms fight against open-source and freedom.

    Any informations about features and speed and whatsoever is just a false flag attack against the only true information: Nvidia is the enemy of Free and Open software.

    Anything on-tropic in your point of view is in fact off tropic on a free and open-source website like phoronix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •