Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

Hybrid View

Default NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

Phoronix: NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

NVIDIA has issued a stable Linux graphics driver update in the 304.xx series to address outstanding bugs...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIwOTQ

Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    Please just go away Nvidia, you're a cancer to Linux.
    Well ok .. But please name me the other graphics card/GPU manufacturers that offer performance, feature and OpenGL compliance parity to other OSes ..

You are causing fights with your inflammatory nonsense.

If you love blobs so much then why don't you go and use Windows?
    I don't use blobs, you idiot. I choose hardware with open drivers and run that.

If you had read any of my posts, this would be glaringly obvious to you. But you're just a bored flamer looking for a flamewar, no time to read. You went on one of your tirades again, derailing yet another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    I don't use blobs, you idiot. I choose hardware with open drivers and run that.

If you had read any of my posts, this would be glaringly obvious to you. But you're just a bored flamer looking for a flamewar, no time to read. You went on one of your tirades again, derailing yet another thread.
    Pingufunkybeat: Do what I just did, add asdx to your ignore list. He's not interested in the facts, and attempting to actually show him a list of the contributions that Nvidia makes to the GNU/Linux ecosystem would only fall on deaf ears.

It's Cartman

What facts? What contributions to Linux? A blob that actually hiders development and only causes grief in the community? Wow what a huge contribution.

Fucking moron, I don't give a shit if morons like you block me. I will block you too, asshole.
    Actually NVIDIA helps development more than hindering it. NVIDIA "blob" helps nouveau significantly. They can see how it works to use it on their driver for example, using the right disassembling tools, etc.

If the free drivers and mesa could catch up then who cares about the blob?
    Emphasis mine.

Most people here only cares about games or OpenGL 4.x, but then the most important thing that is our freedom and Linux having great drivers by default in the kernel, nobody cares about this.
    Emphasis mine.

Wow, asdx derailed the thread with the very first reply. That's got to be some sort of record. Can we have an on-topic discussion *one time* please?

Quote Originally Posted by md1032 View Post
    Wow, asdx derailed the thread with the very first reply. That's got to be some sort of record. Can we have an on-topic discussion *one time* please?
    Funny your comment has not a single information on-tropic but in fact a nvidia closed source tropic has only one tropic: Nvidia in a Imperialisms fight against open-source and freedom.

Any informations about features and speed and whatsoever is just a false flag attack against the only true information: Nvidia is the enemy of Free and Open software.

Anything on-tropic in your point of view is in fact off tropic on a free and open-source website like phoronix.