Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Turns To Phabricator As New Review Option

Phoronix: LLVM Turns To Phabricator As New Review Option

The LLVM project has announced that they will be turning to Facebook's "Phabricator" project for handling code review...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I recommend people go to and read the Phabricator homepage :-)

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
      I recommend people go to and read the Phabricator homepage :-)
      I like their sense of humor.

I also like the direction that the tools are heading. I've used Gerrit before, but I'm always open to new options.

Comment

From the article:
        "Phabricator can be used not only for code review but also for code review..."

So it can be used for code review. Nice!

Comment

Sigh.

"The LLVM Community" has done no such thing. Some folks at Google _suggested_ it. There has been zero buy-in from the community as a whole, only a few folks here and there interested in giving it a try. Maybe the community will accept it, maybe it won't, but in no way is that even remotely decided at this point.

<sarcasm>Good job on doing more than just reading the title of a mailing list message, Michael.</sarcasm>

Comment

I've visited its homepage. You need to have an account just to view examples. Facebook likes walled gardens, doesn't it? If anything using Phabricator will hurt an open source community, be it LLVM or any other.

Comment

Working...
            X