first time ever I see linux 100% working otb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time ever I see linux 100% working otb

So I'm trying to fix this laptop, it's a couple of years old and it has suffered a lot of falls.

Anyway I decide to run a couple of linux pens on it and HOLY SHIT

graphic card, wi fi, sound, etc etc all working 100% and really well straight out of the box.

I had never seen anything like this and I have tried linux in everything from mac minis/powerbooks to old ass HP's...

turns out this particular laptop was part of what intel called the 'centrino' platform... all I can say is if you like linux and see one of these centrino laptops on a 2nd hand sale, buy it stat.

but for some stupid reason intel discontinued the centrino platform in 2010... so now even if you are lucky enough to get intel cpu+gpu you sill have to worry about stupid shit like sound not working properly in some realtek shit and wi fi nightmares etc

Sound, wireless, LAN and best of all video, that too HD vid works brilliantly out of the box on my ASUS K53E which has i5 with Intel HD3000. Best of all battery life is excellent as well. All this on Ubuntu 12.04/12/10 or Chakra or other distros. Intel drivers are far more stable and superior to nvidia or ATI.

Comment

Working...
    X