Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Ban asdx

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by z1lt0id View Post
    I am new to this forum and read the nvidia threads cause I'm curious about the general development of the binary blob (open-source or not). I just get frustrated that everytime I want to hear peoples comments about the features. I get asdx going "Nvidia is crap, blah, blah" and then thread gets derailed and the topic at hand never gets discussed.
    Go to hell.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchLinux View Post
    Go to hell.
    Hell is nice and toasty

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Don't ban him. He hates, like me, companies who are against open source and you are getting some of the heat since you defend them. I really don't understand why do you defend these companies and what are you doing here. For example, I know that Nvidia, does a good job supporting Linux with their binary blob, but they have no excuse not releasing the documentation and not making their driver open source.
    So stop complaining about asdx when he tells you to fuck off when you are defending a shitty company, he is right.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    41

    Thumbs up I just found..

    .. the ignore list! (while looking to delete my account on this sorry forum half-filled with posters of questionable intelligence and a loud mouth)

    http://phoronix.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    Ok sorry for my insults, I only insulted when others have insulted me for expressing my views on proprietary blobs, but I guess I went too far a few times with the "I hope you die" comments, I never really meant those things.

    I only get angry when someone insults me for expressing my views on FOSS and blobs, and they insult me for supporting FOSS, then I insult them back for supporting blobs.

    But it's pointless because those people seems to have forgotten what made Linux so great, the idea of working together and FOSS, etc.

    So I won't bother trying to explain anymore, I hope they realize they are hurting Linux with blobs before it's too late.

    Regards.
    Its about being respectful asdx, i get that not everyone on these forums is respectful to everyone else all the time. Hell, me and you have gotten into it once or twice ourselves. We all snap and say shit we don't mean but over all we all need to be respectful and courtesy if for -no better reason- than to constantly trying to be the bigger man / woman.

    But its really hard to take you seriously and any apology you say for disrespect when I've got something like "Location: with your sister" staring me in the face every time you post. I use that as an example because I just noticed it and that's just blatant flame-bait.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Oh come on now people, asking for people to be banned merely because they just hurl insults when the person posting such "ban xxx please" threads is merely no better than the person that they ask to ban.

    As every forum has its trolls and this one is no exception. The best thing you all can do is put the person in question on ignore. Lets all act like adults who share a common love, operating systems and computer stuff

    To asdx, maybe you can just calm down and not flame people like that. If you disagree with a post just politely say why you disagree rather than hurling a childish insult....better results that way

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    677

    Default

    asdx is the only person whom I've got on the ignore list here.

    Ubuntu implementing and sticking by a Code of Conduct makes a lot more sense after you run into people like him in the community.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Person who starts a ban is usually in no matter different to the one he is trying to ban. Unless its about a spambot.
    That's not true. I petitioned for Qaridarium to be banned years before he eventually was because it was so obvious. The effect was that Qaridarium came back, but as a better poster.

    Sometimes, people are so consistently obnoxious that they need to be banned. Ignore list doesn't defeat trolls, because you still have to scroll through the forum posts of the people who took the bait.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    Why don't you ban yourself from life you fucking idiot? Go kill yourself and do some favor to humanity.
    ...AND You were doing so well on page 2 of this thread.

    What makes you so angry asdx? Occasionally you can be well spoken and then you throw out gems like the one quoted above.

    Relevant? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDOHPssLrQ

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SuperUserLand
    Posts
    538

    Default

    "


    cubeplayer
    cubeplayer is offline Junior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default msg

    I just registered to say this: You're such a pile of crap, only insulting people, put the vibrator on your ass and let it be there so that you don't speak crap again!

    "



    10-09-2012, 04:03 PM
    cubeplayer
    cubeplayer is offline Junior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default post

    Bitch I registered only to torment you. You are such a pile of crap motherfucker, put the vibrator in your asshole so that you shut-up your shit cocksucker!

    Reply With Quote Reply to Private Message Forward Message Forward

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •