Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

semiaccurate:"AMD is imploding because management doesn?t understand semiconductors"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semiaccurate:"AMD is imploding because management doesn?t understand semiconductors"

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/10/15/a...emiconductors/

Well Well "Instead of listening to the people who disagreed, they fired dissenters and put in to place a team that would first and foremost not question their new disastrous direction."

Cynical but they get what they deserve.

The sentence you quoted would also apply to Nokia

Comment

Is Elop finished destroying and apparently available for hire?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        The sentence you quoted would also apply to Nokia
        Not only nokia...in general its the casual way of business as usual.

In general if you don't have a monopole like Microsoft or Intel you always lose if you act against the wishes of your customers.

And Nokia and AMD do not have a "monopole" to force there customers.

I was a AMD customer for ~15 years but my next computer will be a "Intel" system because AMD just FAIL with there Opensource drivers.

And my customers move in the same way they don't buy AMD hardware any-more because of this.

Comment

good riddance,

I can't, in good conscience, talk shit about nvidia because the 2 or 3 products I had of them were always well supported and documented, good drivers nice support etc

ati fuck them, when asking for updated drivers they would reply 'get them from your vendor' or sum shit yet they were all over windows update driver base. I remember a shappire radeon 7xxx sum shit that was always giving me a BSOD coz get this the automatic driver detected the board as shappire radeon 7xxx sum shit when you had to manually select sapphire radeon 7xxx sumshit PRO AHhahahahHhahahaha fuck them

and amd is fail, all their products are fail, you only see amd cpu's in cheap ass laptops made in buttfuck china.

amd needs to go and if intel pulls more stunts like that powervr shit they can go fuck themselves too.

My chips now lay with ARM and that chinky one longsoon or whatever... their shit better be good and opensource or fuck them 2

and nokia deserves to get fucked too, seriously, I know people that work for nokia and have owned their phones and wouldn't mind getting me some finnish pussy BUT SERIOUSLY WINDOWS PHONE??? lololol wtf nokia why not just put an antena on a turd and sell it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
            good riddance,

I can't, in good conscience, talk shit about nvidia because the 2 or 3 products I had of them were always well supported and documented, good drivers nice support etc

ati fuck them, when asking for updated drivers they would reply 'get them from your vendor' or sum shit yet they were all over windows update driver base. I remember a shappire radeon 7xxx sum shit that was always giving me a BSOD coz get this the automatic driver detected the board as shappire radeon 7xxx sum shit when you had to manually select sapphire radeon 7xxx sumshit PRO AHhahahahHhahahaha fuck them

and amd is fail, all their products are fail, you only see amd cpu's in cheap ass laptops made in buttfuck china.

amd needs to go and if intel pulls more stunts like that powervr shit they can go fuck themselves too.

My chips now lay with ARM and that chinky one longsoon or whatever... their shit better be good and opensource or fuck them 2

and nokia deserves to get fucked too, seriously, I know people that work for nokia and have owned their phones and wouldn't mind getting me some finnish pussy BUT SERIOUSLY WINDOWS PHONE??? lololol wtf nokia why not just put an antena on a turd and sell it?
            damn right... the world of full of shit and we really need a wipe out of these crap-anti-open-source products.

Intel+powervr=WTF
            AMD+HD7000 no opensource driver=WTF
            Nvidia Optimus=WTF
            ARM+Closed-Source Graphic drivers=WTF

Comment

yeah AMD should just get bankrupt. CPU and GPU prices will increase and development will slow down. Intel employees will be even more happy than they are now. And people will consume less computer products because of less innovation and higher prices. How great would this be?

well but without irony, that would not be only bad. CPU's and GPU's are already pretty powerful, it wouldn't harm much if development would slow down. Also humans consume way too much resources, if this decreases a little it doesn't harm either.

Comment

In Q4 of 2012, at least in the area of high performance desktops and servers, Intel is already competing solely with itself. Even AMD executives themselves have said they're no longer competing with Intel in performance. It stands to reason -- without the scale of Intel it's simply not possible to spend enough on R&D to keep up. Project Win or no Project Win.

The lazy, poorly executing Intel of 2003 will likely not repeat soon enough to save AMD.

AMD is desperately hoping to find niches big enough to survive in. But given the sudden rising popularity of ARM SoC for everything but high end dekstops (which are now the sole domain of Intel) I doubt they're going to succeed.

Comment

Does it mean it is not a good idea to buy new radeons with the hope to get good open source support in near future ?

Comment

Working...
                  X