No announcement yet.

Benchmarking The Ubuntu "Low-Jitter" Linux Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano I know very well how much cpu I need. and 4x4ghz is BY FAR enough.
    Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 27 October 2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...-i-o-demo.html

Even Intel states reduced latency AND increased throughput here.
      Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 27 October 2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Edit: Outdated links.
        Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 27 October 2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• You must really think that Xeon cpus are different than i7. For your purpose, get i5-3570K, GTX 660/670, 8 GB ram (or 16 as it is cheap anyway). I use i7-3770S, but i did not buy it, if i would need to pay for it it then would have been the i5-3570K or i7-3770K. S is really stupid for oc tests.

Comment

• Ps topic still is "Low Jitter".
            Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 27 October 2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Kano, fess up. It was you.

Comment

• Have you seeneth him, whom playeth pacman?
                And alleges you of jinxeth it.
                He doth indeed hate low-jitter, and thinketh the blackmagic makes pac go the wrong way.

Comment

• And hopefully the local dealer can get on my order, so I can get my low-jitter COMPUTER. Which again will ofcourse require a low-jitter kernel for maximal effect.
                  Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 27 October 2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Edit: outdated.
                    Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 27 October 2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Seems to be some posts that are disappearing? I can`t believe atleast 4-5 people are deleting their posts? I got this notification now: "I know what jitter is in electronics but kernels?" ?

Edit: I removed some posts aswell, due to my blog no longer being operative, so all those links are outdated.

Jitter in electronics is really the same thing. It`s timing jitter, division of clocks, waiting for delivery of signal. Ultimately the hardware sets the minmal jitter limit. Usually software systems, interrupt the software, with interrupts (drivers etc), preemption (context switching between multiple apps), daemons (mailcheckers, automounters, whatever) etc. And all this ultimately leads to clock-jitter on the overall system, which usually is called "Os-jiiter".

Peace Be With You.
                      Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 27 October 2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X