Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Benchmarking The Ubuntu "Low-Jitter" Linux Kernel

Kano why the hell are you babbling on? I know very well how much cpu I need. and 4x1.8ghz is BY FAR enough.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...-i-o-demo.html

Wow, reduced latency AND throughput. I mean someones mind is exploding soon, with bloated red cheeks. And orgasm of idiocy and fuckwitism. Next year they repeat it all at remote location, with lots of outhouses.

Soon they are gonna go like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYZmrtWjr9g

Peace Be With You.

You must really think that Xeon cpus are different than i7. For your purpose, get i5-3570K, GTX 660/670, 8 GB ram (or 16 as it is cheap anyway). I use i7-3770S, but i did not buy it, if i would need to pay for it it then would have been the i5-3570K or i7-3770K. S is really stupid for oc tests.

Kano??? LOL. He is a joke as much as the others. "For my purpose" - did you even notice the topic of this thead? PS: "LOW JITTER".

Kano, fess up. It was you.

Have you seeneth him, whom playeth pacman?
    And alleges you of jinxeth it.
    He doth indeed hate low-jitter, and thinketh the blackmagic makes pac go the wrong way.

THE PARADOX of death takes all/whatever. And luckily discussions like these. Nothing will remain, but nothing will be lost. Gods words never run out. And hopefully the local dealer can get their a** in gear, so I can get my low-jitter COMPUTER. Which again will ofcourse require a low-jitter kernel for maximal effect.
    Last edited by Paradox Uncreated; 10-29-2012 at 10:28 AM.

No more bitching? And I who hoped you were going to uphold this for atleast 10 more years, into dementia and hellfire itself. Remember human values is not what satan wants. Never admit.

Seems to be some posts that are disappearing? I can`t believe atleast 4-5 people are deleting their posts? I got this notification now: "I know what jitter is in electronics but kernels?" ?

Jitter in electronics is really the same thing. It`s timing jitter, division of clocks, waiting for delivery of signal. Ultimately the hardware sets the minmal jitter limit. Usually software systems, interrupt the software, with interrupts (drivers etc), preemption (context switching between multiple apps), daemons (mailcheckers, automounters, whatever) etc. And all this ultimately leads to clock-jitter on the overall system, which usually is called "Os-jiiter".

Peace Be With You.