Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Attempt To Push Ubuntu As A Gaming Platform

Phoronix: An Attempt To Push Ubuntu As A Gaming Platform

At the Ubuntu Developer Summit later this month in Copenhagen, a number of gaming-related development sessions are scheduled as Ubuntu developers try to push their Linux distribution as a first-rate gaming platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Low-jitter!

Well I have this thing called .. low-jitter kernel

Relay it to the ubuntu folks, I`m banned in their forum. I think I called someone gay or something.

Comment

yeah, and also network latency, could be a killer feature.

Comment

Process clean-up actions seems important. I was left with a 640x480 screen several times in the past when something goes wrong or even when exiting a game normally.

Comment

That's funny - they almost verbatim reiterate a list of main linux problems ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            That's funny - they almost verbatim reiterate a list of main linux problems ;-)
            Well it's good that (due to Valve, Humble-Bundle, and Unity) something's finally being done about it.

Comment

What ?

They're begining to try to solve these problems 7 years after launching ubuntu... okay, I'll begin to pay for ubuntu in 7 years too.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox Uncreated View Post
                Well I have this thing called .. low-jitter kernel

Relay it to the ubuntu folks, I`m banned in their forum. I think I called someone gay or something.
                Are you sure it wasn't for spamming?

Comment

Well those are killer feature for me. I just hope their improvements are not meant for Unity only; KDE/Kubuntu also get the resolution reset feature.

Comment

If they really make work on these points (especially on Unity), gaming or no, I think it'll be great.

Comment

Working...
                    X