what application has cpuinfo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what application has cpuinfo?

I found hardware information similar to my Asus 1015PX at http://openbenchmarking.org/system/1...IN555623/erwin
    Erwin ran tools such as cmdline, cpuinfo, meminfo and modules. With Fedora installed and then using a live CD of Parted Magic, Ubuntu, Inquisitor and PTS Desktop Live 2010.1, I opened a terminal and ran cmdline, cpuinfo, meminfo and modules but PTS does not know these tools. What application or distro are these commands in?

HardInfo in Parted Magic detected: Processor: 4x Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N570 @ 1.66 GHz. N570 is a dual processor. What does 4X mean?

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N570 @ 1.66GHz 1667.00MHz
    Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N570 @ 1.66GHz 1000.00MHz
    Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N570 @ 1.66GHz 1667.00MHz
    Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N570 @ 1.66GHz 1000.00MHz

Why did HardInfo list four CPU N570s?

Does HardInfo normally give specifications on the processor other than the brief list above?

HARDWARE DETECTION TOOL, a different tool in Parted Magic, detected:

Main Processor (4 logical/4 physical)
    CPU cores: 1
    CPU enabled: 2
    CPU threads: 4
    L1 cache 0K + 0K (I + D)
    L2 cache 512k

Could someone explain this outcome? Atom N570 is a dual core. How come Hardware Detection Tool detected one core but two cpus enabled? How can a processor have four logical and four physical cpus?

Go to start, right click computer, and click properties (same screen you were at before).

On this screen you will have a Rating: [X.X] Windows Experience Index

Click the "Windows Experience Index" text. It is underlined & blue. On the new screen, click "view and print detailes...".

All of your information should be there.

Comment

They aren't applications, they are just readable files that store hardware info. They are all located in the /proc directory. So if you wanted to view them you would type "cat /proc/cpuinfo" for example.

It detects 4 CPU's because that processor is dual core with hyperthreading (2 physical cores, but 4 threads), which means the OS can schedule 4 processes at a time on it. The 2 extra threads are seen as CPU's and are considered logical CPU's. Some detection software can detect it wrong and say there are 4 physical cores, which there aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by keirawatson View Post
        Go to start, right click computer, and click properties (same screen you were at before).

On this screen you will have a Rating: [X.X] Windows Experience Index

Click the "Windows Experience Index" text. It is underlined & blue. On the new screen, click "view and print detailes...".

All of your information should be there.
        This isn't windows, stupid.

Comment

Working...
        X