Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMAP DDX Driver Sees Improvements

Phoronix: OMAP DDX Driver Sees Improvements

Rob Clark has put out a new release of the Texas Instruments' xf86-video-omap X.Org DDX driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting, with OMAP dying I wonder how long this support will go on.

One thing that frustrated me about TI and OMAP is that they got way to tied up in their own marketing horseshit. I could find all sorts of info in a snap about TIs embedded chips but the OMAP series was like a poor step child that wasn't permitted to sit at the table with the rest of the family.

I'm really hoping TI wides up and takes what has real potential in the embedded world and stars to promote it as such. That includes the same access users have to TIs embedded line. For the life of me I could never understand who OMAP was targeted at. It was to much of a kitchen sink processor for the handheld world which probably explains the current situation.

Comment

Working...
    X