Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.7 Supports The Nintendo Wii Balance Board

Phoronix: Linux 3.7 Supports The Nintendo Wii Balance Board

The HID feature pull request has been merged into Linus Torvalds' tree today with a number of input changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ok, I usually find kernel updates pretty boring...

... but adding support for the WiiFit board (although I have no idea why you'd use it...)? Freaking awesome!

Maybe we can get it running as some weird kind of control device in Blender... Can you imagine? Rotating your model by leaning over. Lulz, all 'round.
    You humans are doing it right.

Comment

I'm sure this will make the Dolphin emulator Team happy, I think...

Comment

I wonder if the Xbox 360 PC controller works?
        Does the PlayStation controller work on PC?

USB controllers on PC. How about Bluetooth controllers?
        Are there any standard for wireless Bluetooth controllers?

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
        Next thing we'll have games put in the kernel and UI tools and it will be rewritten in java or c# to keep the mono fanatics happy...
        What the hell are you talking about?

Nowhere in the article was there any mention of Mono. Nobody here even mentioned Mono.
        I doubt any Mono fanatic would like games put in the kernel.
        You're talking shit.

Comment

irsoff latency?

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
            irsoff latency?
            Don't you know? It's the opposite of irson latency!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              I wonder if the Xbox 360 PC controller works?
              I remember that i patched xpad (kernel driver) to support my Guitar Hero 3 guitar (usb). My other standard usb xbox 360 controller worked fine (also older Xbox 1 controllers). For special configs you can use a userspace driver called "xboxdrv". Some games (via wine) however need xinput support, then you can use a similar hack as in win itself - xinput only support xbox 360 compatible gamepads by default. Look there for Rage as example:

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                What the hell are you talking about?

Nowhere in the article was there any mention of Mono. Nobody here even mentioned Mono.
                I doubt any Mono fanatic would like games put in the kernel.
                You're talking shit.
                I'm pretty sure that the joke he was making runs along the lines of this being stupid crap.

WTF would you use a balance board for in Linux?

I get it with wii, because they have software that tells fatties how fat they are... "RUN fatty, RUN!!!", but this is just pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that the joke he was making runs along the lines of this being stupid crap.

WTF would you use a balance board for in Linux?

I get it with wii, because they have software that tells fatties how fat they are... "RUN fatty, RUN!!!", but this is just pointless.
                  Doesn't matter. It's just drivers for hardware, the more hardware support, the better.
                  Leave the creative part to other people.

Comment

Working...
                  X