Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE KWin Now Handles OpenGL Over EGL

Phoronix: KDE KWin Now Handles OpenGL Over EGL

With GLX set to be deprecated in the not too distant future and EGL being in use with OpenGL ES on mobile platforms, KDE's KWin compositing window manager now has support for using desktop OpenGL over EGL instead of GLX...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Performance?

How is the performance on GLX vs EGL?

Comment

Re

Again unchecked info.

KWin was already supporting EGL, Martin just did a refactoring to make it easier to add more back-ends.

Comment

Martin also wrote this

This week I have been at the XDC 2012 kindly hosted by SUSE in Nuremberg. It was a very useful conference for me and I’m very glad I went there. There is not much difference to a KDE conferen…

about Wayland plans. He takes a little bit of a swipe at Phoronix at the top, which is maybe why Michael never posted it.

Comment

Who cares. You seriously read Phoronix to get news?

Comment

Not sure if this is related or not.

But almost a week ago, Martin sent an e-mail to the Debian KDE packagers asking them why they didn't package the KWIN with EGL. They responded saying that they were having a problem with a missing file before the freeze, and they were just too busy to get around to fixing it / packaging it.

It's probably too late to get the KWIN with EGL into Debian Testing, but maybe this code refactoring can make it easier to package KWIN with EGL in the future.

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              So you're only here for the trolling/flaming?

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
                As if THAT was news?

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
                  There are two things on this site. The articles and the forums. The articles are getting worse and worse. I don't even read them anymore. The titles of the articles are mostly trying to trick me into clicking on them so that I get to see oversized adds. They promise something else most of the time, but the article itself has nothing to do with the title. Michael is a sensationalist Paparazzi by now.

The forums are also deteriorating at a fast pace (too many trolls.)

Right now, if I really think about why I'm here, the only answer I have is that I'm used to read the forums. But that gets more difficult as time passes. This forum is filled with assholes by now.

Comment

Working...
                  X