Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External Monitor - Games on wrong Display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Monitor - Games on wrong Display?

Hi,

I am running Archlinux with NVIDIA Binary Driver 304.51 on a Dell XPS M1330. I have an external screen connected, as working on 24'' is better then 13''

Yesterday I discovered Freespace 2, which has a native Linux port so I downloaded and installed everything. The game runs well, EXCEPT for one thing: The game starts on the internal Display instead of the big display.

I tried different things, like switching with nvidia-settings to the external display, switching with xrandr, setting the external Display the primary one ( its the primary display implicitly, but I made sure its set ) and now I ended up playing in a big window.

As that is not the ideal solution, is anyone experiencing the same thing?

I guess the problems came when NVIDIA added partial XRandR support, as games are able to switch resolution now. Before, they simply crashed in case of a wrong resolution, which I like better in this case.

rob

Hm, seems like no one has this problem.

Freespace 2 somehow fixed itself, I am running it in the same resolution as the big display and it stays there.
    Torchlight however shows the same problems and can be convinced to stay by setting

Code:
    export SDL_VIDEO_X11_XRANDR=0
    which should work for all SDL (2?) games.

Comment

Did someone delete the last "bump" posting?

Comment

Working...
      X