• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

GOG provides games without drm too.

Comment

Originally posted by legluondunet View Post
      I think Unity need a feature to disable himself before starting a 3D game, like the one you describe for KDE. When I launch Skyrim or AION on unity, it's unplayable: too low framerate. I need to open a metacity session to play this games at full speed. How Valve will manage this problem? i hope they will work with canonical on a solution.
      If Unity is "just" a Compiz Plugin there's no way to do this, cause when you disable Compiz Unity is gone too. So the only option woud be to recommend them switch their DEs if they want a better gaming expirience.

Comment

GOG provides games without drm too.
        And on that note...

Comment

When I launch Skyrim or AION on unity, it's unplayable: too low framerate. I need to open a metacity session to play this games at full speed. How Valve will manage this problem?
          They'll tell you to run windows, the only supported platform for those games.

Comment

Steam for Linux to Arrive ‘In a Few Days

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/10/s...-in-a-few-days

Comment

?Could an archive or SRU admin accept nvidia-common and jockey from the upload queue?

These are needed for the Valve Steam release that happens in a few days.?

Mid october is only 14 days too.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                Mid october is only 14 days too.
                Valve Time !!

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
                  If Unity is "just" a Compiz Plugin there's no way to do this, cause when you disable Compiz Unity is gone too. So the only option woud be to recommend them switch their DEs if they want a better gaming expirience.
                  Until Canonical and Steam are working on this, this command line is your friend:

metacity --replace&

and the game have full access to your compuetr ressources.

Comment

Well, SLACKWARE doesn't use Trashity (XFCE here ) , i have the most recent NVIDIA blob, Kernel 3.6.0 compiled by me and just downloaded the source code of Jockey to compile and install this night....

BRING IT ON !!!!

Comment

More interesting games comming -> http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.p...-growing.1077/

Comment

Working...
                      X