GNOME 3.6 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdx
    How hard is for someone to start a new forum and for people to move to that new forum? I'm sick of this Michael crap also.
    Well if you want gaming news go to www.gamingonlinux.com

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      Sure, Michael is acting like a scammer trying to persuade you to visit more of his pages to get more advertisement money. And yes, at least using a different color for the backlinks would be great, I'm sick having to look at the status bar to avoid clicking on his backlinks.
      et al.

This is called what happens when we've got a monopoly. In this case on Linux benchmarking unfortunately due to a lack of time and interest on the part of us the readers. Unless it changes so he's having to compete well...

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        et al.

This is called what happens when we've got a monopoly. In this case on Linux benchmarking unfortunately due to a lack of time and interest on the part of us the readers. Unless it changes so he's having to compete well...

Geekbench runs on linux, but it isn't OSS (why would a person use non-OSS for benchmarking?).

Comment

guys please...

cut Michael some slack please. Running costs of this site is from the donations and the ad revenues. Cant blame him for trying to maximize those revenues/page clicks.

Comment

I don't use GNOME. but these guys are rediculous with the poweroff/suspend button. Is it really that bad to just show both, or make it a setting? People are going to start complaining that they can't suspend now.

Comment

Does anyone know if GStreamer made the cut?

Comment

Thanks got Gtk 3.6 it rocks!
                But GNOME 3.6 sucks, and it gets worse and worse!

With menu changes (such as in Cheese), now GNOME applications wont work good in other shells than the official gnome-shell.

Comment

I cautiously scan my status bar before clicking.
                  Last edited by Marc55Mo; 27 September 2012, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boast View Post
                    would be nice to have a screenshot in the article

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                      ...the complete butchering of Nautilus to make it as useless as possible. It looks good though, so not all is bad
                      The only thing that annoys me about the new version is removal of type to find (yeah the type to find implementation wasn't the greatest, but at least it always worked. Tracker search is great and all but what about network shares and such?)

they made significant improvements to the nautilus UI and did add several features, they didn't *only* remove stuff as people keep insinuating. I was pretty mad when I first heard they were removing stuff during gnome 3.5 development, but after using it I think its an improvement over 3.4 still overall.

Originally posted by Massa View Post
                      I'm using this release on Arch Linux and Nautilus is actually one of my favorite improvements. Search actually... works now! You should give it a try.
                      is it in [testing] yet? Or did you compile it?

Comment

Working...
                      X