Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reiser4 File-System Comes To Linux 3.5 Kernel

Phoronix: Reiser4 File-System Comes To Linux 3.5 Kernel

The Reiser4 file-system has been ported to the Linux 3.5 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Benchmark

I hope to see it benchmarked vs ext4, zfs, xfs and btrfs.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I hope to see it benchmarked vs ext4, zfs, xfs and btrfs.
      +1

[characters limit]

Comment

maybe they should change the name with all the unpleasantness surrounding mr reiser

Comment

Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
          maybe they should change the name with all the unpleasantness surrounding mr reiser
          I have no problems with a file system bearing the name of a convicted murderer. I do however have a problem with distros named after teenybopper idols.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
            I have no problems with a file system bearing the name of a convicted murderer. I do however have a problem with distros named after teenybopper idols.

reiserfs has always served me well and I understand that hans reiser isn't the only developer but then again I wouldn't eat mansons beans or rent a property from fred west letting agent

whats in a name? so why not change it? meh just a suggestion

Comment

I'd leave reiserfs alone. It would take far too much effort to rename it.

Reiser4 needs a rename or a fork if it ever hopes to get into the mainline kernel.

Comment

well to be fair its been renamed from reiserfs to reiser4

Is hans reiser doing a bird man of alcatraz and actually still working on this?

like i said i've used reiserfs for a long time .. good performance and very reliable

Comment

controversial file-system

I cannot see anything controversial about it

Still about the guy who wrote reiserfs? How about killing people in Irak/Afghanistan/Syria/Bosnia etc.?

We should leave politics out of technology...

Comment

I do however have a problem with distros named after teenybopper idols.

Comment

Working...
                    X