Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disi View Post
    [...]
    //edit: aargh 797MB?!? Doesn't fit on 80min 700MB CD-R and on a DVD-R the space is wasted...
    just put it on a USB thumb drive via Unetbootin or another tool. On my main computer I don't use any optical drive and I don't miss it much; only sometimes I copy DVD iso's on my notebooks, to get it on my optical-drive-free computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
      just put it on a USB thumb drive via Unetbootin or another tool. On my main computer I don't use any optical drive and I don't miss it much; only sometimes I copy DVD iso's on my notebooks, to get it on my optical-drive-free computer.
      Or just dd it... but I meant more like it is a LiveCD but doesn't fit on one

Comment

I'll check the status again for future test weeks and add wayland testing once it seems like it'd be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
          Thanks for the announce, Michael!
          May I suggest posting a link on the fedora page as well? It's ridiculous that after booting from the livecd I had to go to the phoronix article to find the link on the wiki.

Comment

radeon hd7000 series cards

when is support going to come for current video cards? the vesa video driver is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by mercutio View Post
              when is support going to come for current video cards? the vesa video driver is terrible.
              Native KMS support (use it with the generic modesetting X driver and llvmpipe) has been out since ~April. Should work better than the vesa driver.

You can track the progress of 3D acceleration in the public repos.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by disi View Post
                The first time I heard of it
                I am downloading the TestDays Live image right now to test radeon later...

//edit: aargh 797MB?!? Doesn't fit on 80min 700MB CD-R and on a DVD-R the space is wasted...
                if only they made 800mb CDr's

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
                  just put it on a USB thumb drive via Unetbootin or another tool.
                  I found that with Unetbootin you can't modify the kernel commandline, which might be needed (for example for force-enabling the Noveau acceleration with nouveau.noaccel=0). So I've started using the LiveUSB Creator that supports this (by pressing tab in the boot menu).

Comment

The iso is hybrid, whats your problem to use it that way?

Comment

Working...
                    X