Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now this is real art....

i was wandering around some blogs and happened to get into this one:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

this is a real work of art. i bet that any geek would go mad about this object.
    and you, what do you think about it?!
    i looooooooove it, and i'm now going out to try buyin'/stealin' it!
    0.00%
    wow, cool, but how much does it really worths?
    25.00%
    well, it's an interesting one piece of hw, but i don't think that i could buy it.
    25.00%
    ah, crap! i'll never buy something useless like this!
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

No ethernet, slow HD, 1x USB - na, not my cup of tea.

I like the Star Trek-ish design though.

Comment

Well you can use USB hubs, but I would have added a eSATA connector too.

Comment

But an USB-hub would certainly increase the space used by the subnotebook. By adding a few more features, Apple just had to abandon the "thinnest notebook"-campaign while allowing it to gain a more broadened audience.

Comment

too little stuff inside. besides it looks so fragile. i can imagine someone easily breaking that thin thing by an accident.

you would have to carry lots of extra external equipment with you. at least an usb-hub would be a must-carry-along. which already sucks. also hardware is sub-par. cpu is not really the new intel cpu, but an older generation model. difficult/impossible to make a hardware upgrade. and you have send it to apple to replace a battery, that will definitely die in a few months.

this is not a carry-around laptop. you must have extra hardware for it, it doesn't seem prepared to being carried around with less-than-careful handling. as some reviewer put it, toshiba made a laptop what's only a couple milimeters thicker and offers much more.

ot:

i really don't get this apple hype. i saw the announcement of this laptop on the keynote and jobs was walking around and saying "incredible/wonderful/amazing/whatever, isn't it?" . i guess he wasn't really certain about that and wanted to force people to believe it. i wasn't one bit impressed. but maybe that's because i'm no apple fan.

i guess i've become too linuxified to be impressed. besides all that keynote was about "free software" upgrades to paid services. i'm really feeling like apple is making a ripoff on top of linux/unix codebase.

oh, and that "whopping" five new iphone apps. man, that was really embarrassing. people are waiting for sdk, and all they get are 5 crappy apps.

sorry, couldn't resist.
          Last edited by yoshi314; 17 January 2008, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X