No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Switches Back To GRUB2 For SecureBoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does not matter which id the fat efi partition has, certainly you could use ef with mbr or add the bootflag with gparted but it really does not matter as soon as you use efibootmgr. Also the normal alignment is now 1M, which is default for gparted now, no need to do that manually... Btw. the interesting thing is that you can use efi direct boot even with intel raid (via mdadm not dmraid as that has got no gpt support), i did a win uefi install first and then linux, i could boot like that:
    Code:
    efibootmgr -c -d /dev/md126 -p 1 -l '\EFI\KANOTIX\linux.efi' -L 'Kanotix 64 Pure' -u 'initrd=EFI\KANOTIX\initrd.img root=/dev/md126p4 quiet'
    Note that win8 will use the 2nd partition for efi boot code.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      It does not matter which id the fat efi partition has, certainly you could use ef with mbr or add the bootflag with gparted but it really does not matter as soon as you use efibootmgr.
      Good to know.

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Also the normal alignment is now 1M, which is default for gparted now, no need to do that manually
      True...but knowing there's a few KB wasted space would bug me no end. I can be messy about lots of things, but partition alignment and disk space utilization is not one of those things

Comment

That installed GRUB2 and made a mess, but I didn't have time to look into it yet.

Comment

Working...
        X