Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QXL Virtual Graphics Driver Hits New Milestone

Phoronix: QXL Virtual Graphics Driver Hits New Milestone

A major release of the QXL X.Org graphics driver for virtualized environments has been made available and it's packing many changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo: pubic-facing

Comment

Looked through the release announcement, KMS support isnt listed in any of the new features. And I know its a work in progress because Fedora specifically wants to ship a QXL driver with KMS support so that they can begin to work on virtualized 3D
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: QXL Virtual Graphics Driver Hits New Milestone

A major release of the QXL X.Org graphics driver for virtualized environments has been made available and it's packing many changes...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE4OTg
        KVM let's you passthrough a graphics card if you have iommu support. The performance was awfully good from the video I saw, but it does require hardware support...but then so does kvm.

Comment

Working...
        X