Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash (Pepper/NPAPI) vs HTML5 benchmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash (Pepper/NPAPI) vs HTML5 benchmarks?

I dunno if this is the right place or whatnot but I'd just _love_ to see how the new 11.4 Pepper Flash compares to Canvas and the old 11.2 NPAPI Flash in terms of things like CPU usage and power consumption these days.

This could easily be done with youtube and some 1080p fullscreen video I guess.

Does nobody like me? <:'-(

Comment

PepperFlash: accelerated rendering (good for fullscreen video), no accelerated decoding (bad for slow CPUs)
      Adobe Flash: accel. rendering on nVidia only (if at all), accelerated decoding for nVidia
      HTML5: accelerated rendering, accelerated decoding only in the very latest Chrome trunk/dev builds through VA-API, experimental

The differences are big, it's hard to bench this...

Comment

Oh, that's fine. Maybe some near future then.

So I take it the old NPAPI Flash would still be the fastest (for Nvidia that is)?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchLinux View Post
          Oh, that's fine. Maybe some near future then.

So I take it the old NPAPI Flash would still be the fastest (for Nvidia that is)?
          I don't have the hardware to test this but probably yes. Although I might be wrong and maybe the newest PepperFlash supports VDPAU now... I am not sure.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice to know how they'd compare, if it did ?

Comment

Eh, I probably present the majority on this site when saying: no. We don't care about flash, in any form.

Comment

How sad. Lol.

Comment

i would not prefer flash

Comment

Working...
                  X