Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+

Phoronix: ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+

For years ASRock has been regarded as very much a budget motherboard manufacturer, while over time they've begun to introduce motherboards with more enthusiast-level features and even products that are more overclocker-friendly. It wasn't until recently that they finally started offering Gigabit ethernet and IEEE-1394a Firewire on their motherboards, but this month with their 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ they have made another step forward showing that they are able to offer an economically-priced motherboard with Intel's P35 Chipset and even integrated 802.11g WiFi. We have our hands on the ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ for testing and we will be seeing how well this P35 creation performs on Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, could you please add some technical data to the
    motherboard articles? I'm interested in lspci, lsusb and dmesg output (preferably from a very recent kernel (latest git )) so that there's an overview of the
    devices on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
      Michael, could you please add some technical data to the
      motherboard articles? I'm interested in lspci, lsusb and dmesg output (preferably from a very recent kernel (latest git )) so that there's an overview of the
      devices on the board.

Still working on the best approach for publishing all of that technical information / Phoronix LCH 2.0 / et al. When returning from KDE release event, I may be able to post the ASRock info in this thread if I got the time.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

*bought the board all working fine, except the included WiFi module which just will not connect in Linux but works fine in Windows
        * also had the bent pins on the fan header

considering a fresh install to see if that fixes the problem (running gutsy)
        Last edited by Cuppa-Chino; 26 January 2008, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuppa-Chino View Post
          *bought the board all working fine, except the included WiFi module which just will not connect in Linux but works fine in Windows
          * also had the bent pins on the fan header

considering a fresh install to see if that fixes the problem (running gutsy)
          anybody running the asrock wifi module sucessfully under Hardy? if so how, help is appreciated

Comment

Does anybody have this board working fully under Hardy AMD64 or Intrepid AMD64 ?

my system specs
            e6300
            asrock 1600p35wifi+
            2gb ram
            nvidia 7900 gto
            twinhan tv card
            audigy 2
            ralink wifi card (always had problems with the inbuilt module)

- need to us nvidia restricted drivers for 3d acceleration

Especially suspend is really eluding me.

hardy -19 kernel does not boot properly at all
            hardy -17 kernel does boot but does neither suspend or hibernate.

I have tried a complete blank install of alpha 4 intrepid boots fine but once again suspend does not work.

any help really appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X