Clear All

• AMD ATI 8.33.6 Driver Released

New Features

This release of Catalyst Linux introduces the following new features:

* X.Org 7.2 Support
    * Linux Kernel 2.6.19 Support

Phoronix Review:

Originally posted by Phoronix
    ...ATI/AMD will be providing timely Linux support for the Radeon X2000 (R600) series. In fact, the 8.33.6 display drivers have listed support (available in the Xorg.0.log) for the Radeon X2300HD as well as the Mobility Radeon X2300HD (M71).
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
    Last edited by Michael; 11 January 2007, 11:31 AM.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

right....very cool now we just have find where to download it!
    it's kinda funky when they say it's been released and no place to get it just yet.

So after looking and reading seems like still no AIGLX?

Kiryl

Comment

however this worked for me

Comment

Yep that download link should work fine. Still no AIGLX, unfortunately.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Video on TV-out still cropping under Xv overlay. Performance though with Xv disabled, has improved over previous versions. Is that green line still visible with TexturedVideo enabled? (rhetorical)

Comment

BTW: is AIGLX on a roadmap with ATI developers? I mean it would be nice to know if this someting to wait for and how long? 3 months? a year? an infitiny?

just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by khakhovich View Post
              BTW: is AIGLX on a roadmap with ATI developers? I mean it would be nice to know if this someting to wait for and how long? 3 months? a year? an infitiny?

just a thought.
              well not just aiglx, but <that extension that's needed for AIGLX/XGL>, i couldn't care less wether i'm using XGL or Aiglx, just a hint when to expect that would be nice.

Also, what about DRI +Xcomposite, wasn't that a requirement for X.org 7.2? Do we have support for that now too?

Comment

"that extension needed for AIGLX/XGL" has been in fglrx for a few months at least, 8.31.5 definitely has it.
                Code:
                $ glxinfo |grep pixmap
                    GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_OML_swap_method,
                It's just compositing they need in fglrx for AIGLX to work.

Comment

GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is not a supported extension in fglrx. The extension is listed under server glx extensions and not in what is provided by ATI.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

I've been studying the forum for two days, but now it's working! Thanks Michael!

fgl-glxgears
                    8306 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1661.200 FPS

glxgears
                    47994 frames in 5.0 seconds = 9598.713 FPS

Not to bad for a little 1920x1200 screen.

Now, are desktop effects supposed to work?

Comment

Working...
                    X