No announcement yet.

Humble Indie Bundle 6 Brings In New Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun fact: here (Ubuntu 12.04 + Radeon HD3650), Dustforce is laggy with Catalyst and run perfectly with the free driver.
    I did not try any other HIB6 game for now.

Comment

Only tried Dustforce so far, working great with opensource radeon!
      Gonna try Torchlight next.

Comment

If someone tries Torchlight, try to notice if you character head become transparent when a helmet is used.

Comment

Dustforce seems perfectly adequate with Intel here. Am waiting for things to show up in USC before trying.

Comment

only interested in torchlight and SPAZ.
            SPAZ won't even install

chmod a+x ...
            ./spaz-linux-humblebundle-09182012-bin
            -bash: ./spaz-linux-humblebundle-09182012-bin: Text file busy

Comment

Originally posted by narciso View Post
              Which is a no no regarding performance vs windows. Just like Bastion game.
              Really? Do we have any benchmarks for mono Windows vs mono Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by narciso View Post
                If someone tries Torchlight, try to notice if you character head become transparent when a helmet is used.
                Yes, I got the same problem. I just selected the Alchemist as a new character and get a transparent "face"

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
                  Really? Do we have any benchmarks for mono Windows vs mono Linux?
                  Bastion doesn't use Mono on Windows - on Windows and Xbox 360 it's Microsoft.NET; on Linux, Mac, Chrome NaCL, iPad it's Mono.

Rochard, however, you're right - all versions of Unity3D games use Mono only. There's no Microsoft.NET version. So any performance issues for that game on Linux are explicitly not due to Mono, since that's the one thing that is identical between platforms

Comment

I played Torchlight through the pre-order of TL2 deal through steam wine on Linux without any problems at all. I'm using an nvidia card.

Comment

TL

Torchlight has a great installer, and even integrated with Pacman (on Arch Linux)
                      I have dual monitors, and the game starts up windowed. It's strange, because it's windowed at my monitor's resolution, below the gnome3 top bar, I'm actually missing the bottom 50 pixels. Very annoying.
                      Anyone run Torchlight on dual monitors?

Comment

Working...
                      X