• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference:

then: CRAY-2 users/operators ---> SuperUsers
    now Apple Ipad users ---> Faggots

Comment

I don't see how promoting the iPad 2 has anything to do with Linux or open-source whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by z1lt0id View Post
        I don't see how promoting the iPad 2 has anything to do with Linux or open-source whatsoever.
        Is having to do with Linux a requirement? Anyway, the iPad is capable of running open source software. Also, the source code to significant parts of its operating system is available on Apple's website.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
          Is having to do with Linux a requirement? Anyway, the iPad is capable of running open source software. Also, the source code to significant parts of its operating system is available on Apple's website.
          And here is what the website is about according to Phoronix.

Phoronix Media is the largest Internet media company devoted to enriching the Linux hardware experience and catering its content to Linux gamers and computer enthusiasts.

Comment

Stop whinging

Come on guys, stop whinging about the article. If you didn't find this interesting then WTF are you reading Phoronix for? Most/lots of us have a smartphone or tablet these days, probably running Android with similar hardware and capabilities.

Comment

Its about the ARM chip inside the ipad.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                Its about the ARM chip inside the ipad.

Yep! It's about how ARM has reached parity with Cray2. Meaning if you bogged Cray2 down with the same crap Apple software that constantly makes its way onto the iFad2 ARM platform it would run out of memory and quit to the homescreen constantly too. Not even Cray2 would be good enough to run Apple crap correctly.
                Last edited by moonlitfire; 17 September 2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

still, if you dropped them from atop of a skyscraper i think cray2 would be faster

Comment

But Cray-2 will not blend.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                      still, if you dropped them from atop of a skyscraper i think cray2 would be faster
                      In a vacuum, they'd fall at the same speed - but from a skyscraper, hmm. In air, the acceleration/mass is the same while the drag/mass depends on the shape and size ... the ipad is a fairly massive little thing, but it's also thin and flat, so I guess you're right.

Comment

Working...
                      X