Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    The only fun X11 gave us.

The only retarded technology I hate more is IE6.
    Let's not post decade+ old articles that complain about things that have been fixed or are no longer relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by siride View Post
      Let's not post decade+ old articles that complain about things that have been fixed or are no longer relevant.
      That's from the "Unix Haters" book. It was meant to be a funny troll, written by people who were using Unix for a long time; you can't take it too seriously to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga
        *Salute* Here's to another 25 years.

Originally posted by RealNC
        This old dog will never die. I bet it will be in use for another 25 years.
        You both deserve to be locked in a room with a computer running win Me and a media player with only the discography of Rebeca Black.

(and no internet)

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          You both deserve to be locked in a room with a computer running win Me and a media player with only the discography of Rebeca Black.

(and no internet)
          I'm rooting for Wayland. I do believe that X11 is obviously outdated technology. All I said was that I don't expect X11 to go away anytime soon. Even if Wayland is widely adopted.

Comment

While X has its deficiencies, about zero of those affect me. Similarly, I would gain nothing by a move to Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              While X has its deficiencies, about zero of those affect me. Similarly, I would gain nothing by a move to Wayland.
              What about the more polished experience?

Comment

I still don't understand how we haven't reached something like x15 by now. considering the immense changes in X even within the past 5 years, I highly doubt the very first release of x11 can operate modern desktop environments or GPUs within 10 years old. compatibility must have broken well over a decade ago yet they keep using the same name. at this point, going to x12 seems like it won't break compatibility any more or less than another major release of x11. where do they draw the line between what makes a new version and what doesn't? the Linux kernel was the same way, but that's a topic for another day.

Comment

Not sure if trolling or brain full of marketing BS.

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
                    Not sure if trolling or brain full of marketing BS.
                    Elaborate.

i don't you enjoy the screen blinking and stuff when booting.

Comment

Oh yes, that alone is enough to call a piece of software that has served its purpose for 25 years "retarded". Let's see if your preciousss survives as much as X did.

PS: Wth is a "more polished experience"? How do you measure that?

Comment

Working...
                      X