Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Game Built On The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

Phoronix: A Game Built On The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

Aside from having an obscure name, making Escape From Booty Bay an interesting open-source game is that it's built atop EFL, the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This game looks familiar... where have I seen it before?

Why does a window manager need a physics engine?

Comment

As far I read, Enlightenment is like QT/KDE, a toolkit + some applications + a windows manager. Physics engine is part of the toolkit I guess.

Side topic: I heard Rovio and Canoncial was making a deal about getting Angry Birds on USC. Any one know anything about that?

Comment

Yay FOSS clones of random game X

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
          As far I read, Enlightenment is like QT/KDE, a toolkit + some applications + a windows manager. Physics engine is part of the toolkit I guess.

Side topic: I heard Rovio and Canoncial was making a deal about getting Angry Birds on USC. Any one know anything about that?
          EFL are the toolkit and E17 is a DE based on the toolkit.

There is also another game being developed which is a minesweeper clone.

And yeah cloning popular games rubs me a bit wrong even if this is just a showcase.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            And yeah cloning popular games rubs me a bit wrong even if this is just a showcase.
            Most tech-demos are created by developers who have little interest in making, publishing, or selling a full fledged game. The objective is to demonstrate the technology to real game developers, in an effort to spark their interest in the toolkit.

That said, my 3 year old finds "Trucks-n-Skulls" far more entertaining than Angry Birds.

F

Comment

A window manager can use a physics engine for thewobbly windows! But wait, there's more! What about bouncy scroll lists? I guess you catch my drift. I wouldn't be supprised that iOS makes heavy use of pyhsics.

Comment

Working...
              X