No announcement yet.

Intel Shafting Linux Users With Clover Trail: No Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a hard time caring about this. Atom is IMO the idiot child in the low power CPU market: ARM designs and AMD's C-series & E-series matter more.

Comment

Originally posted by frantaylor View Post
      Intel is the ONLY company that makes decent gigabit ethernet chips

So true!

But faint praise, that.

Rather like saying that Microsoft makes a fine mouse!

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
        But faint praise, that.

Rather like saying that Microsoft makes a fine mouse!
        Also true. MS makes very good keyboards as well, typing on one

They seem to be much better hw company than a sw company.

Comment

Originally posted by frantaylor View Post
          Is this a legitimate business strategy or a flailing attempt by you to say something relevant?

WHAT EXACTLY WOULD THE POINT BE in "making MS happy"???

Intel knows FULL WELL that Windows is TOO BLOATED for effective performance on ARM. MS is STUCK with Intel whether they like it or not. Intel doesn't have to lift a finger to get LOTS of Microsoft business for YEARS AND YEARS.
          What I meant is MS is a monkey on Intel's back and Intel's just throwing a bone (Clover Trail) at MS just to keep that monkey at bay while it works on its OSS initiatives

Comment

In my opinion the best mouse ever made was late-model Microsoft ball mouse. I could spin that thing to do a quick 180 turn and nail a pursuer with my rail gun in Quake II CTF. It was a beautiful move, just a snap of the wrist.

Try that with a new fangled optical mouse - no way!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
              What I meant is MS is a monkey on Intel's back and Intel's just throwing a bone (Clover Trail) at MS just to keep that monkey at bay while it works on its OSS initiatives
              That explains why M$ is dipping it's toes in the ARM space?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Also true. MS makes very good keyboards as well, typing on one

They seem to be much better hw company than a sw company.
                I don't think their latest mice work well with linux (the touch based ones i mean). But yeah. never heard anyone complain about its older stuff.

As for keyboards mechanicals all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                  I don't think their latest mice work well with linux (the touch based ones i mean). But yeah. never heard anyone complain about its older stuff.

As for keyboards mechanicals all the way.
                  The 'arc mouse'? Bought one, it's a terrible mouse. It lives at the bottom of my computer junk box now. Probably Logitech Anywhere MX my fave currently. Nice size, good weight with those two AA batteries it uses.
                  Last edited by hoohoo; 14 September 2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
                    The 'arc mouse'? Bought one, it's a terrible mouse. It lives at the bottom of my computer junk box now. Probably Logitech Anywhere MX my fave currently. Nice size, good weight with those two AA batteries it uses.
                    No i meant older ones with mechanical interfaces.

In general there seems to be a lack of quality peripherals (mice in particular). Its logitech, MS and then an enormous amount of products that are either of pure quality or ruined by gamer aesthetics. Or both.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                      No i meant older ones with mechanical interfaces.

In general there seems to be a lack of quality peripherals (mice in particular). Its logitech, MS and then an enormous amount of products that are either of pure quality or ruined by gamer aesthetics. Or both.
                      Arc mouse is one of new touch mouse models. We're on the same page...

Gamer mice, esp Razer, designers must all be about 16 years old LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X