Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 18 Alpha Is Declared Ready For Release

Phoronix: Fedora 18 Alpha Is Declared Ready For Release

While it was delayed twice, Fedora 18 Alpha is now ready for release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"spherical cow" ?

what kind of derp names these things

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
      "spherical cow" ?

what kind of derp names these things
      Scientists, google it

I am looking forward to Fedora 18, but won't install any alpha or beta versions...

Comment

Just a note - this will be a very Alpha-ish Alpha. We haven't written 'em yet, but please read the release notes and common bugs before installing it. There are some major rough edges that you'll want to be aware of.

Just as an example, if you don't use custom partitioning - just pick a disk you want to install to, and continue with the install as normal - it will reformat the disk entirely, no matter what's on it already.

It's an Alpha. Treat it accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
          Just a note - this will be a very Alpha-ish Alpha. We haven't written 'em yet, but please read the release notes and common bugs before installing it. There are some major rough edges that you'll want to be aware of.

Just as an example, if you don't use custom partitioning - just pick a disk you want to install to, and continue with the install as normal - it will reformat the disk entirely, no matter what's on it already.

It's an Alpha. Treat it accordingly
          I know Fedora is a playing ground for programmers, but can you please give the future releases some decent names? Please?

Anyways, can't wait to see the final release of 18

Comment

Originally posted by mtx329 View Post
            I know Fedora is a playing ground for programmers, but can you please give the future releases some decent names? Please?
            You mean that the distribution and its main sponsor should no longer be named after headdress?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              You mean that the distribution and its main sponsor should no longer be named after headdress?
              No, of course not. I was referring to the codenames they use in polls

Comment

"cubic alligator" "hexagonal canine"

As a user of Fedora17 lxde spin I will definately burn and live cd this one, I just wish you guys were not to strict about your choices of software, repos etc... meaning made fedora more appealing to a user like me

Comment

Working...
                X