Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdx
    Go kill yourself.
    There is never any need for comments like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
      I like others HATE these stupid trolling pointless articles on Phoronix.

Michael, you are directly fueling this nonsense - so i have come up with an easy solution;
      Here's an easier solution: don't click on the link and don't read them.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
        Here's an easier solution: don't click on the link and don't read them.
        You may think that is easier, but I had already went out of my way (previously) to allow Michael to make money from my views (which AFAIK, i didn't do for almost any other site via adblock). Noscript is always running, so it was just a matter of blocking phoronix. - no big deal.

Plus, Michael would still make money from my views, even if i was to not click on the link - so what purpose would your 'easier method' serve? -> absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

anyway, it doesn't matter, since it is done.

if you want to line michael's pockets and support these types of stupid articles - go right ahead, but not viewing the article (from my perspective) is not enough, so until the 'troll mailing list articles' stop, Michael gets zero revenue from my views - simple as that.

cheerz

Comment

Stop spreading FUD already.

Comment

Fuck you asshole, you are the cunt. Go kill yourself. Asshole.
            Would you mind explaining why you ever come to this website? nobody appreciates your attitude, your chronic nearly daily complaining is obviously ignored by Michael, and you KNOW what you're about to read before you open the page yet you feel the need to enter it anyway. I think you are as much a troll and feeding trolls as you claim Michael to be.

Comment

drop support for humor

Phoronix should drop its support for attempts to be funny.

Still waiting for a benchmark or a review of a RAID controller, or even a discussion about high performance high capacity file systems.

Comment

My point was that Michael wouldn't get the revenue from that page in particular.

I do have a premium subscription, but the amount it costs is sufficiently low that I think it's hardly lining Michael's pockets: I can help support Phoronix for an entire year for less than the cost of a trip to the cinema. Given the number of articles I read and the amount of time I spend on here, I regard it as a bargain, even with the occasional article that I don't like.

Comment

lol

Fuck you asshole, you are the cunt. Go kill yourself. Asshole.
                  I don't even feel offended, lol.

Comment

My point was that Michael wouldn't get the revenue from that page in particular.
                    exactly, so choosing to not click on the article is pointless. ie: your 'easier method' is completely pointless... While disabling ads, does have a direct (even if small/marginal) effect.

I do have a premium subscription, but the amount it costs is sufficiently low that I think it's hardly lining Michael's pockets: I can help support Phoronix for an entire year for less than the cost of a trip to the cinema. Given the number of articles I read and the amount of time I spend on here, I regard it as a bargain, even with the occasional article that I don't like.
                    good for you.

But to point out the obvious ~ not all people operate the same, nor place the same value on things and just because you are fine with (and endorse) this kind of nonsense, that does NOT mean that i should also do the same... and like i said, when these sorts of articles stop - i will white-list adverts for the site again. I should also add that i do pay for other services / website subscriptions, etc ~ but only when i personally see value and that it is worthwhile to do so. Flaming articles, trolling mailing list articles, etc .. have convinced me that even as cheap as a premium subscription would be, it is not worth opening my wallet for. (which is fine, just as you paying for them is too).

it's really as simple as that.

Comment

All the love. All the hate.

I know Michael do have a dark kind of humour.

And since Qaridarium is banned he need to do the troll job by himself.

Please anyone give him a helping hand to bring back the ultra violence like the style in clockwork orange to the Phoronix forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X