Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinelerra 4.4 Betters Live Audio Processing, Plus More

Phoronix: Cinelerra 4.4 Betters Live Audio Processing, Plus More

While many are looking forward to the release of Lightworks for Linux next month, if you need a high-quality feature-rich non-linear video editor on Linux until then one of the few choices out there is Cinelerra...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too many video projects not enough devs.

There are actually 6-7 of them with maybe one or two that might deliver a product that someone would like to use.

Comment

I've used Cinelerra in the past, very good tool if you get past the steep learning curve (especially as a first foray into video editing).

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        Too many video projects not enough devs.
        You don't actually do serious video editing on Linux, do you? Cinelerra is THE NLE for Video on Linux. Nothing else even comes close. It used to have a separate community maintained version CinelerraCV (the release policy of Heroine Virtual is non-standard - they just release the source code, but don't take many improvements back from the community), this community version is now being rewritten for about 2-3 years into Lumiera, but it's not been pushed out yet.

Cinelerra is probably the equivalent of Avid, Vegas or most closely Edius (all of which are miles better than Pinnacle). The only downside was poor DV import, and quite frequent crashes, but apart from that, this thing is excellent.

Comment

What about kdenlive : it is for me a good editor.
          What main features do I miss compare to those ones

Comment

Working...
          X