Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fail to install pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0 + workaround

Hello,
    actually I like to announce a failure in installing the test pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0 which occurs at my phoronix-test-suite-4.0.1 at a gentoo system. Including my personal workaround.

During installation of the test pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0 with the command: phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/video-cpu-usage It try to download a 700mb video which is hosted at ftp://video.blendertestbuilds.de/dow...1080p_h264.mov, and is not downloadable, because one need a password to get access to this file. In my case it helped to just google this video big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov and download it to my phoronix-test-siut folder .../installed-tests/pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0
    Now just by repeating the installation with phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/video-cpu-usage would still not run the test, because of a missing mplayer installation pts/mplayer-base-1.1.2 with error: No installation script found. Looking in .../installed-tests/pts/mplayer-base-1.1.2 confirms a missing script. So I simply chanced the video-cpu-usage script in .../installed-tests/pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0 to:
    #$TEST_MPLAYER_BASE/mplayer $@ big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov
    mplayer $@ big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov
    In this way this test is using now my mplayer installed at my gentoo system, which is not the needed version of 1.1.2, in my case it is 1.0_rc4_p20110322-r1 (MPlayer SVN-r33094-4.5.4).
    For sure discrepancy in mplayer versions are not giving equal test conditions. So I hope soon one can check and adjust the test installation script of pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0
    best wishes

Thank you quaqu.
    I can confirm the mplayer script and video downloading issues that prevent to install or run this test.

$ phoronix-test-suite install pts/video-cpu-usage
    Code:
    Phoronix Test Suite v4.0.1

To Install: pts/mplayer-base-1.1.2
        To Install: pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0

Determining File Requirements ..........................................
        Searching Download Caches ..............................................

2 Tests To Install
            1 File To Download [691.52MB]
            692MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

pts/mplayer-base-1.1.2:
            Test Installation 1 of 2
                No installation script found.

pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0:
            Test Installation 2 of 2
            1 File Needed [691.52 MB / 22 Minutes]
            Downloading: big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov                [691.52MB]
            Estimated Download Time: 22m .......................................
                Download Failed: ftp://video.blendertestbuilds.de/download/bigbuckbunny_movies/big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov
                Downloading of needed test files failed.
    $ ls -lh .phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0/
    Code:
    total 0
    Linux gwenael 3.5.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 26 08:15:06 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
    gcc version 4.7.1 20120721 (prerelease) (GCC)
    Arch Linux

Comment

Working...
    X