Lightworks Linux Alpha Planned For Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh. The shark is a nice touch

Does it just close windows on the screen, or is it more useful?

Comment

Originally posted by box of rox View Post
      Heh. The shark is a nice touch

Does it just close windows on the screen, or is it more useful?
      She also provides speech-bubble hints from time to time

Comment

Lightworks is actually the only piece of software coming to linux that I'm excited about.

I request the guy running this site to post more news and benchmarks etc etc..

The strenght of final cut is not so much the program per se, but the fact that you can go on google and search for whatever you are trying to do and you will see 1921212 editor's posts explaining a simple manner to do it.

Same can be said about the availability of 391023 free tutorials online.

But I never liked it much, the program itself suffers from applesitis, sometimes the outcome is not what you would expect because the program decided to fuck up.

but still my question remains, since I'm OS agnostic and don't mind running windows in offline computers, is there a perfomance hit from lightworks windows to lightworks linux?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhite View Post
          Video card drivers are a continuing source of frustration, particularly with ATI hardware. For example, copying data from the graphics card back to host/main memory appears to be many, many times slower than it is when using Direct3D/Windows with exactly the same hardware.
          Did you contact the upstream driver developers about that? Either they can fix it in the drivers, or they might know how to make it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
            Did you contact the upstream driver developers about that? Either they can fix it in the drivers, or they might know how to make it fast.
            No - that's certainly something that we can explore as soon as we have a build that they can try.

Comment

Working...
            X