Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Out The Nouveau Project This Weekend

Phoronix: Help Out The Nouveau Project This Weekend

While the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver could use a lot of help and the R600 Gallium3D driver still has an open TODO list, if you're a NVIDIA graphics hardware owner, the reverse-engineering Nouveau project could use your help...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did they ask you to post this? I mean they have long had a policy of no reporting non working 3d etc... just because they get flooded with information they already know. Also they have pretty much have all the testing they could want.. its not like there are infinite combinations of video card designs...

Comment

Ever since kernel 3.5 I can't boot with nouveau. And on 3.4 I have to use nouveau.noaccel=1 to boot so I'm stuck with a very slow gnome shell desktop experience. I'm regretting having an nvidia card in my new desktop.

Comment

@leif81

Please file a bug, if you haven't already. I had an issue a while back and then helped me sort it out, I had to do some kernel bisecting, which is less scary then it seems, especially when you can just use Ubuntu's builds to narrow it down to at least an RC.

What card do you have, btw?

Comment

Originally posted by gQuigs View Post
          @leif81

Please file a bug, if you haven't already. I had an issue a while back and then helped me sort it out, I had to do some kernel bisecting, which is less scary then it seems, especially when you can just use Ubuntu's builds to narrow it down to at least an RC.

What card do you have, btw?
          It's a GTX 580.

There's a bug in the Redhat bz about it https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=802026

I'd be willing to do some more leg work to help out. I'm very familiar with git, but haven't built a kernel in a decade.

Comment

Working...
          X