No announcement yet.

HD 2600 PRO AGP - driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It finally works on Mandriva , but the 2D acceleration is kind of raw compared to RadeonHD. I got about 1k frames in fgl_glxgears which is good considering fgl_glxgears is somewhat a real benchmark.

LE: I've noticed that playing videos causes the screen to blink(at least on Kaffeine)
    Last edited by phoenix12345; 19 June 2008, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• After a restart the screen turned white, kde started ok since i heard the sounds from pidgin. But i can't see anything.

What should i do?

Comment

• Well, I've had my HD Pro ornament for four months now. Still no sign of working drivers for XP. No problem - have hit it with a large hammer and dumped it in the rubbish bin where it rightfully belonged from day 1 (couldn't be bothered to get my money back - too much hassle already) and bought a NVIDIA card. At last something that works out of the box.

Installing a new video card should not be a greater challenge than putting a man on the moon. My loyalty to ATI has now ceased. Bottom line is you should not knowingly sell goods known to be defective.

The sorry tales seen in this thread and all over internet forums are sorry episode that ATI should be thoroughly ashamed of. A formal public apology and recall programme (as per other manufacturering areas) would have appropriate.

mwosdev signing off, permanently . . . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by mwosdev View Post
          mwosdev signing off, permanently . . . . . .
          Can't say I blame you. This whole thing has hurt my trust in ATI/AMD permanently. You mean we still don't have XP support? I'm using the Omega drivers until I know 8.6 will work. If I had known support was this lacking, I'd have gotten a 7600GT instead.

Goodluck with the green team.

Comment

• Sorry for the double-post, but Phoenix, did you get your problem resolved in Linux? How about XP/Vista support (if you have it installed).

Comment

• As far as I know we are releasing Windows and Linux driver support for the AGP products at the same time. I think we released 2600 Pro support in 8.5; wasn't sure at the time whether 2600 XT support was going to be in 8.6 or 8.7. I'll check on Monday and post back.
              Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                As far as I know we are releasing Windows and Linux driver support for the AGP products at the same time. I think we released 2600 Pro support in 8.5; wasn't sure at the time whether 2600 XT support was going to be in 8.6 or 8.7. I'll check on Monday and post back.

No you did not!!!!

To install the 8.5 catalyste driver for WindowsXP for my HD2600 pro AGP I still had to hack the install file to include the PCI ID and other stuff so that the driver reconize my card!!

In fact's it's a lot easier to install the Linux driver because it just work

You guy's at AMD shoulkd really fired your QA manager responsable for this!!!

Comment

• Sorry, I was talking about Linux. Not sure about Windows but in general we are trying to do QA testing on Windows and Linux at the same time, will check on Monday. If you had to hack the IDs then either the 2600 Pro is not supported yet or the board mfg didn't tell us about the board-specific IDs. Either is possible, I'll let you know what I find out. I vaguely remember you having a Sapphire board ?

BTW this wasn't a QA thing. Everyone had agreed that we would not support 6xx AGP products, then AGP boards started showing up in stores. We're just catching up as fast as we can. If you want a better example of how we do driver development these days, look at the HD4850 not the AGP products. Normally we start driver development 6-24 months before release in order to make sure we have solid code at launch -- it's probably obvious that did not happen with AGP.
                  Last edited by bridgman; 21 June 2008, 11:14 AM.
                  Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by philosopher0926 View Post
                    Sorry for the double-post, but Phoenix, did you get your problem resolved in Linux? How about XP/Vista support (if you have it installed).
                    Well i'm not using any Micro$hit products for like 3 years now, i see 3D desktops in Mandriva are kind of buggy so i disabled Compiz(that was the cause for the white sreen). Ok so i noticed that after i install the driver there is 2D/3D acceleration, but after i restart my computer it's magicaly gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix12345 View Post
                      Well i'm not using any Micro$hit products for like 3 years now, i see 3D desktops in Mandriva are kind of buggy so i disabled Compiz(that was the cause for the white sreen). Ok so i noticed that after i install the driver there is 2D/3D acceleration, but after i restart my computer it's magicaly gone.
                      Well, I only use windows because it came installed on my system, and the Omega drivers don't work for Linux. I'd rather have just one operating system, and I'd be happy on anything, provided it works.

Bridgman, did you check on the XT support? Is 8.6 good to go, or will Phoenix's and my problems be resolved next month?

Comment

Working...
                      X