HD 2600 PRO AGP - driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fred View Post
    This post is simply a little up for this tread before everybody forget that the AGP HD2XXX card still do not work well with the latest driver on any distribution.
    "Work well," is an understatement. It locks the machine hard. Forget doing HDTV, which even little Shuttle boxes do these days.

Comment

• LoL indeed

Comment

• Well you can try the pts iso in 2 ways:

a) without option -> uses radeonhd (1.2.0 + 1 git patch as compile fix)

b) with: live fglrx -> uses 8-3 as driver (currently)

It has a nice game on it too Designed to run the PTS in live mode. With working internet connection via router you can also boot with

live fglrx=8.40.4

or

live fglrx=8.39.4

to force older drivers directly on bootup.

Comment

• Well you can try the pts iso in 2 ways:

a) without option -> uses radeonhd (1.2.0 + 1 git
          patch as compile fix)

It has a nice game on it too Designed to run the PTS in live mode. With working internet connection via router you can also boot with

live fglrx=8.40.4

or

live fglrx=8.39.4

What?????

Sorry but I think that you need to explain that in non-geek please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Well you can try the pts iso in 2 ways:

a) without option -> uses radeonhd (1.2.0 + 1 git patch as compile fix)

live fglrx=8.40.4

or

live fglrx=8.39.4

I have some questions...
            What is PTS?
            Does this distribution has an opportunity to run latest fglrx with good performance?

Comment

• So, the new driver is out. The performance with it is better, but not enough to say "good".

Comment

• PTS stands for Phoronix Test Suite - a live cd for benchmarking - and you can play NEXUIZ for testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scraelos View Post
                  So, the new driver is out. The performance with it is better, but not enough to say "good".
                  Thanks for your comment.
                  After your comment I understood that it`s better if I`ll stay using radeonHD and there is no necessary to try new fglrx 8.4 driver instead radeonhd.
                  Still waiting new "good" fglrx...

Comment

• Got a quick question: since the only guide I can find is from September of last year, how would I install the radeonHD drivers? Is that guide still relevant, and if yes, do I literally copy what it says to type into the konsole?

And to summarize, does radeonHd have drivers for an HD2600XT AGP, or am I going to be continually waiting.

For what it's worth, I'm a bit dense on linux, so be gentle. If I ask a dumb question, I'm probably not trying to make a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by philosopher0926 View Post
                      Got a quick question: since the only guide I can find is from September of last year, how would I install the radeonHD drivers? Is that guide still relevant, and if yes, do I literally copy what it says to type into the konsole?
                      yes if you mean this one: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=843&num=1

I am using the 1.2.1 Radeonhd just fine on my H.I.S. 2600XT AGP 512MB GDDR3 IceQ Turbo

Comment

Working...
                      X