No announcement yet.

HD 2600 PRO AGP - driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I write to AMD with this problem per ticket system, but I have answer, than for Linux drivers they aren't offer technical support, so We must wait for new Catalyst version.

Comment

I just receive the Last message from AMD/ATI

They do not support this card and they never will!!!!!

So Who want to trade a HD2600 Pro agp against a 7600gt agp ???

Comment

The AGP cards are more or less unsupported addons. You can also have got huge problems with V when you own a nforce3 board and a dual core CPU. Best way: sell you old AGP board and buy a new one with PCI-E. Maybe use the time for a real system upgrade...

Comment

Can you post a copy of the message you received, fred?
          This is disappointing news as I quite recently invested in the AGP card since my dual-core + 4 GB DDR433 memory AGP-based system is otherwise quite up-to-date.
          There's still the on-going development in the radeonhd driver though, so all my hope is not lost :-)

Comment

Yes, if You can please put on this forum this message. I thnik than ATI don't support and newer will be Radeon for Linux, but not sapport per Drivers, only technical support I think than next release of Catalyst will be ok

Comment

The same here...

I just bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 2400 pro AGP, yesterday...

Ticket opened : http://support.ati.com/ics/support/t...ket_id=1312771

Comment

Well not only for Linux AGP is a really bad investment. When you use nForce 3 and DualCore you are forced to use Nvida Gfx cards if you intend to use Vista for dual boot or so. I would return the card if possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Well not only for Linux AGP is a really bad investment. When you use nForce 3 and DualCore you are forced to use Nvida Gfx cards if you intend to use Vista for dual boot or so. I would return the card if possible...
                  I wasn't expecting so much , just to run my video card on my MSI KT600 AGP with an AMD XP Barton 2500+

I am waiting for an answer from AMD now... and will see... but I'm very surprise by first answer some guys could had (never supported card)... it's quite new, with an simple AGP bus... it's too easy as answer.

I bought it because http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html clearly says there is driver for this card... but there is not...

So right now, it's a scam for all those who will bought an AGP version.

Comment

Whats the output of

lspci -n|grep 0300:

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Whats the output of

lspci -n|grep 0300:

I am not front of the good computer but for the record,

It was :

VGA controller compatible: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 94c4

Comment

Working...
                      X