Originally posted by FreeBzH View Post
    I am not front of the good computer but for the record,

It was :

VGA controller compatible: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 94c4
    For me it's

[fred@localhost ~]$ lspci -n|grep 0300:
    01:00.0 0300: 1002:9587

Comment

FGL_ASIC_ID(0x94C4), // ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO AGP (RV610 94C4)

FGL_ASIC_ID(0x9587), // ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP (RV630 9587)

In theory both are included in 8.01 driver. Maybe play with AGP Size setting in BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        FGL_ASIC_ID(0x94C4), // ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO AGP (RV610 94C4)

FGL_ASIC_ID(0x9587), // ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP (RV630 9587)

In theory both are included in 8.01 driver. Maybe play with AGP Size setting in BIOS.
        What????

You want us to change the apgart setting in the BIOS??

Comment

Just a question could this setting in aticonfig be useful to us??

--max-gart-size=NUMBER
          Set user-defined max GART size for non-AGP systems.
          Possible integer values are from 64 to 512 (mb).

Comment

I try what you ask and nothing work

I will try setting the max-gart manually in aticonfig

Comment

Nope it still doesn't work

I just hope that one of the DEV at ATI show up in this tread to give us a hand.

PLeeeaaase.

Comment

Originally posted by Swoopy View Post
                There's still the on-going development in the radeonhd driver though, so all my hope is not lost :-)
                This message was posted with an HD 2600 PRO AGP, and I'm not using vesa but RadeonHD driver .

Yes, no 3D, only one head... but an official driver using official documentation works. We can hope that when 3D (and multihead support) will be added to the radeonhd driver this card will also benefit of this also.

For the moment, a Geforce4 PCI allows more things but my hope is not lost too (I hope too that we would not wait too much for a long time ) !

Comment

This is a known issue, and it is being worked on.

We pushed a Windows driver with HD2xxx AGP support out a week or two ago and at first glance it seems to be working for users who had been experiencing problems. On the Linux side, we are going to update the release notes in the next driver to make it clear that AGP support for HD2xxx parts is not yet there, so you will be able to see when support arrives.
                  Test signature

Comment

Mayber add again that modelines are broken... I get a X server crash when trying modelines with Xorg 7.1.1 (etch).

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      This is a known issue, and it is being worked on.

We pushed a Windows driver with HD2xxx AGP support out a week or two ago and at first glance it seems to be working for users who had been experiencing problems. On the Linux side, we are going to update the release notes in the next driver to make it clear that AGP support for HD2xxx parts is not yet there, so you will be able to see when support arrives.
                      Indeed your new driver do work very well in XP for those card.

Just a question : Was it very complicated for you folk at AMD to get those HD2600 AGP to work in WinXP?

Would it be possible for us to hack the present driver to make them work in Linux??

Comment

Working...
                      X